Temp Dip (.3deg) at 5dpo then up again--BFP coming????

jenn536

Reaction score
Good morning!

This is my first time posting in here, but I am hoping you all could take a look at my chart and tell me your thoughts (as this is the first time I've charted). :wacko:

According to my temps, I calculated that ovulated on CD12. I had another temp drop of .3 degrees on CD17 (5dpo) with my temp climbing on 6-8dpo. Tested this morning (8dpo) at 0140 and it was negative. I know it's early, but does this second temp drop possibly equate to implantation? I had some stomach pain/cramping on CD18, so I am confused. AF is scheduled to come on 30 Aug.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!! :thumbup::winkwink:Temp Chart.jpg

A temp drop on 5dpo is possibly but not likely an implantation dip. Implantation dips usually come between 6dpo and 11dpo. A single drop also does not necessarily mean an implantation dip or that implantation was even attempted much less successful.
Progesterone, the chemical that causes the temp rise in the 2ww, is not just steadily pumped out. It comes out in bursts. That's why you can see one day drops or rises and it mean nothing at all. Many women, myself included, have had fantastic looking "implantation dips" and they resulted in nothing.
Charting is 99% just for confirming ovulation and nothing else. Charts have been greatly studied and the only charting trait that really shows more pregnancy than non pregnancy( counting spotting, cm, temp drops, temp rises and more) is a triphasic chart.
Triphasic charts generally happen in 12% of pregnancy charts and only in about 4% of non pregnant charts.

Basically, what I'm saying is your one day drop could mean something or nothing. Implantation dips are more myth than fact for true bfp charts. They often happen in regular charts- some women get them every month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->