Temping confused :S

brandonsgirl

Lucky mummy of 2 <3
Reaction score
So i recently started temping. The last 4 days. I should be 5DPO but as my BBT came in the post i figured i would use the rest of this month as a practice. So far 3 out of 4 days have been exactly the same. Is that normal?
Also i noticed on the instructions it says electronic digital thermometer... is this the same as a BBT. Ahhh actually hold on, this is the ebay page for the one i got. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140293678937?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I was just wondering if it was the right one. This is how my temp has been the last 4 days. I know its hard to tell anything from 4 days. But i don't think i've noticed anyone getting the same temp result day after day.

2nd may 5:45am - 97.86
3rd may 6:00am - 98.04
4th may 6:00am - 97.86
5th may 6:00am - 97.86

Yeah, I get that around the same times each month. It's always funny to me lol. GL! :dust:

Aww thanks. I was worried i might have a faulty thermometer or be the one person that never has a change in her temp ever lol. Thanks for putting my mind at rest ladies :)

Hmm, so took it again this morning... and it was exactly the same again. Its so frustrating, i really hope if i need to temp next cycle that starting it from CD1 helps me to see temp shifts. Btw, is 97.86 too low for after ovulation?

Since this is your first month temping you'll get a good deal more information about what's your normal from your next two cycles, unless you BFP :D . Generally, most pre-O temps are under 97.7° F and most post-O temps are above 97.8° F. Can you post your chart so we can take a gander :) . I know for me it's within my normal to get three or four temps in a row that are the same at a couple of different points in my cycle.

I have only been temping since my BBT came in the post a day after FF suspected I ovulated. Here's my chart anyways, with all the symptoms etc. And then so far my temps have been:
2nd may 5:45am - 97.86 2DPO
3rd may 6:00am - 98.04 3DPO
4th may 6:00am - 97.86 4DPO
5th may 6:00am - 97.86 5DPO
6th may 6:00am - 97.86 6DPO

I'm kicking myself now for not temping in the beginning as then i would have known what my pre-ovulation temp is. I was going to use the rest of this cycle as a trial run to get used to it but now im stumped. I would have expected it to fluctuate a little?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/442b91/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

No worries just yet :) . The first month can be a little :wacko: . I've seen quite a few charts with flat temps for a period then they do their twists and turns or vice versa. You may want to try changing the battery to see if that's an issue. If you're temping at the same time each day, in the same way, not a mouth breather, don't have a cold or any other things that may make your temps inaccurate, after I made sure my battery was good to go, I'd just go with it for now and see what next month brings. You could also order a different BBT therm if you were so inclined just to compare.

What happens if your a mouth breather? The last couple of nights ive woken up with a really dry mouth realizing i'd been sleeping with my mouth open :blush: Does this do something to the temp? Also i heard you can do it vaginally, but on my BBT it only said orally, under the arm or rectally.. I don't wanna do rectally :nope:Lol.

Yeah, mouth-breathing will make your temps off. Vaginally is actually the most accurate way. You shouldn't have an issue temping vaginally with your BBT. I think it's funny that the direx gave the all-clear for rectal temping but didn't say a word about vag :haha: . You should be fine methinks. It's good you figured out the mouth-breathing bit before your next cycle :thumbup: . Unless you get a BFP then it doesn't matter lol.

Lol correction YOU figured out the mouth breathing issue.. your a temping mentor :) lol. Yeah it didnt say a word about vaginally, I should be able to use it for that though right? Do i just insert it and wait for the beeping. :blush: lol that sounds so odd.

Yeah, you should be able to use it just fine for vaginal temping. You don't have to go far, just insert it maybe a little past the tip and wait for the beep :) .

And lol, IDK about temping mentor, I've still got plenty I can learn :) . Oh, and I keep forgetting to say how much I love your avvie :D .

Oh thank you so much! You have been a mahuuuusive help! And teehee thanks, i love a good cuppa :)

I will try temping that way tomorrow and see what it comes up with. Still got another week and a bit or so FF says until i should expect AF, so hopefully i will get the hang of all this before then :)

NP! Happy to lend a hand when I can as TTC is :wacko: lol. One thing to note about vaginal temps is that they will be a little higher than oral temps. You're going to be a temping pro in no time :D .

Ahh ok, noted! Thank you :) and yes you're right! TTC can absolutely be :wacko: and this is only my first cycle TTC lol.

Teehee thanks. First day of different temping today, and thankfully it was different then when i temped orally. I thought i was going to be tormented by that dam 97.86 lol. Hopefully i will fully get the hang of all this before next cycle. Even though im hoping i wont need to lol.

Yes, hopefully you won't need to revisit the issue after your TWW! About how long do you have to go before AF would usually show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->