Temping confusion

WTT09

Reaction score
started charting this month so being a bit of a dumbo...but had a massive rise this morning +1c what does this mean?

According to my calculations, Ipod Period Tracker, FF I am not due to ovulate until Friday so what does it mean?

Do I in fact ovulate earlier than expected? Did an OPK and no line yesterday....no line at 10am but will try throughout the day :shrug:

Unfortunately I have been signed off work with a virus for 1 week and so BD'ing is very unlikely :sex: as hubby is feeeling pretty under the weather too :(

typical first month of charting!!

I keep looking at the chart and it's such a jump :shrug:

You need at least 2 more days of elevated temperatures to know for sure if you O'ed...but if you aren't feeling well, that can definitely cause your temp to go up too, so I think you have to wait a few more days to know for sure. I know it's really frustrating. My temp keeps going up and I get excited, then it goes right back down!

So if the OPKs are negative...the chart shows OV then am I ovulating or not?

The only reason I ask is because I did OPKs 4 times yesterday once at 11:00 then at 13:00 and at 15:00 all were negative (no line at all) the 18:00 one was negative but showed a very faint line. I did the 11am one today and no line at all not faint or anything. We have not been :sex: as both of us are feeling ill so plan to do it with a positive OPK/when chart says so this months. We know it will severely hamper the chances of getting :baby: but will give us a slight chance if you see what I mean?

I am using the 10MIU (ultra sensitive???) tests so would have thought we'd get a positive :shrug:

I would go by your charts and not the OPKs...OPKs don't work for everyone. This month, I never got a postive OPK, but I'm almost positive I O'ed from my temps. However...your temps won't verify your O until AFTER so you need to BD around the time you think you will O until you're more sure of your cycle. If you did that many OPKs and they were all negative, your temps might be just up because you are sick and you may not have O'ed yet. I'd keep temping and using OPKs until you are feeling better. Temps probably aren't all that reliable when you aren't feeling well. :babydust:

Also I just looked at your chart...an entire degree up is pretty high for an O temp surge - most people are around a half a degree. Everyone is different...but that looks like a sick temperature to me, not an O temp. Keep working at it...it is a lot of work, but it wil happen :)

I just get the feeling I am out this month, not been feeling very well so not been intimate... chest infection and cold/fluey symptoms not a good combination with :sex: :(

I am out this month but least I wont have the upsetting 2ww argh I am just fed up of this :(

18 months on and off of TTC :cry:

But I suppose first month of taking temps and charting so I just have to stay positive. Thanks hun for all your support :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->