Temping question (updated now with chart in reply)

GreytMama

Reaction score
This is my first month temping and Ive been using Ovia not FF to track (I can't get FF for some reason on my phone) but I've got a question about the basics. I had a dip and then a spike right around the time I think I o'd and now it's remaining elevated and slightly increasing every day. I'm 5dpo.

So what is normal for a temp after ovulation vs when you're pregnant?

Hi there!

A triphasic chart(pregnant chart) shows three levels of temperatures: pre-ovulation, post-ovulation, and then a second rise around 7-10 days after ovulation. Some women with charts that show this pattern turn out to be pregnant. But many do not. Likewise, your chart does not need to show this kind ofpattern for you to be pregnant.

May you post your chart?

I kept temping after my bfp, mine have remained high but I do not have and additional shift up. Its staying in the same rage it was before. The thiphasic thing is a load of crap as far as I'm concerned... Some very few but some get another shift up. All women get a shift down the day of or up to 2 days before af arrives. I can post my chart if you'd like.

I kept temping after my bfp, mine have remained high but I do not have and additional shift up. Its staying in the same rage it was before. The thiphasic thing is a load of crap as far as I'm concerned... Some very few but some get another shift up. All women get a shift down the day of or up to 2 days before af arrives. I can post my chart if you'd like.

Posting yours would be super helpful! I can't figure out how to post mine from my phone or I would. Thanks!

I had a great chart last month, but ended in what seemed a loss.
In 2010 I had DS and I had more of a slow rise, wasn't really a sharp triphasic.
See both below and GL!
Here's last month's chart:
FFChart715.jpg
Here's my 2010BFP Chart
2010BFP.jpg

The crosshairs are ovulation, the dip at CD 29 was implantation

I have super long cycles (5ish weeks) that's why ovulation is so late :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-13-17-44-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-13-17-44-45.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 17
Thanks to both of you. Best of luck to you, JLM, for your BFP and for your sticky bean Angel!

Agreed with everything. I don't subscribe to triphasic charts because I have had secondary dips post o (my estrogen dip is always around 6 dpo, but some charts I have a second dip at 9dpo). I have had charts where people swear I am pregnant or FF says charts with post O temps like mine were over 50% pregnant only to get AF right on schedule. As far as my bfps, I was never temping during those. All I can say is that when I got my bfp and started temping to keep track of my bean, I noticed my BBT was 98.6 or higher (which is about .2-.3 above my usual post O temps). But I have also had temps reach 98.6-7 when not pregnant so I think it is really more about how many consecutive high bbts you have than the pattern. And even then, you will get a positive on a hpt long before the ever popular 18 days of high bbt post O lol

I figured it out! Here is my chart (hopefully it works)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 15
Btw, I use FF and Ovia. I have plugged in my temps for the last 5 cycles into Ovia and every cycle it has pinpointed my ovulation date incorrectly and is giving me the wrong lp. Even though the last three cycles I also used opks. So I highly suggest if you are new to temping and detecting O and that to check out FF. Even if you cannot get it on your phone, you can do everything online and they have great resources. https://www.fertilityfriend.com. I would take my bbt, input it on Ovia, and then just go in whenever you have a chance to type the info into FF. I also like FF because you can mark things like drinking, fever, or sleep deprived or if you take your temp outside of the normal time range, the dot will be open.

As far as your chart goes, I would say you ovulated on cycle day 12th or August 6th. Based on your score graph, ovia is putting your O down as the 7th because of those high temps you had. Ovia is terrible for pinpointing O. So you BD 0-3, O, and O+1 which is good timing. Just try to get in more BDing around O-2 or O-1. There is only a 5% chance on conception when you BD on O date, and O+1 is considered still viable only because some eggs can live 24 hours. FXed!!!

Ok, here's a little more of my chart. Temps have been nearly the exact same for the last few days except for that spike at 5/6 dpo and then last night I felt super warm all night (no change in thermostat...we always set the same every night) and had a big spike this morning. Any thoughts? I don't want to get too carried away just to get AF in a few days but I feel like it's got to mean something??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 4
Yes it could....Still looking good, your temp will remain elevated as long as you have elevated progesterone levels. Your progesterone will diminish gradually as your pregnancy progresses if you become pregnant, or a day or two before AF shows if pregnancy was not achieved. As long as you are showing an upward trend I wouldn't think too much about one or two unusual temps (but nice when the fluctuate up!). We all fluctuate a little, the overall pattern is what is most important. When do you plan to test? Curious to see what your results are!

I tested yesterday as it was our anniversary and was hoping to give OH another gift, but it was a BFN. Still early though, AF won't come until Saturday so I'll probably test starting tomorrow through until then. FX! I'll let you all know.

Agreed. I mean I have had cycles where my temps decline days out or the day of AF, but if you're temp holds or goes higher tomorrow then I would tentatively feel good about it. You're already 12dpo. Average luteal phases are 12-15 days, so you could definitely still be in the running for a bfp. Got my fingers crossed!

I would start testing with cheapos by now but that a me lol. My temps stayed elevated, they didn't shift up or down (by much anyways)...

Well, the witch got me. guess the chart was all smoke and mirrors. 😕

Oh Grey so sorry...I literally just found this and came back to see since your chart looked good!
I learned that the hard way last month- my chart was beautiful, but no bfp
this month my chart is so all over I - for once- am even questioniing actual O day and how many dpo I am , but maybe that's a good thing for me lol
I really hope this cycle is better for you, but glad you found some Ovia users to chat with now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->