Temping question

MsRipple

Reaction score
Question for those who temp

A standard problem for me - nightime bathroom trips :). My normal temping time is 7 am. Woke up at 430 am and temped for reference -97.99. Went to the bathroom, feel asleep again a few minutes later and was awoken from a deep sleep by my alarm clock at 7 am. Temp was 98.88. What temp to put in? Currently I put in an average of sorts.

I always put the temp when I woke up for the day at my usual time. I am awake several times a night (getting up to use the toilet and general insomnia). It was common for me to get less than 2 hours of sleep before waking for the day or to be awake for a couple hours in the early morning (like being awake 3-5am and then waking at 7am to temp). It never caused a problem with charting. I had an obvious pattern to my charts and I got pregnant the 2nd month of trying. The important thing is to be able to see a pattern, not to record the perfect temp for every day. It doesn't matter if it's off a bit because you didn't sleep well, as long as FF can pinpoint enough of a pattern for you to estimate your likely fertile days the next month. Night waking didn't cause me any problems with this, so I never bothered to adjust anything. If after a few months, you're struggling to see a pattern, then maybe it might be something to try, but I'd start by assuming it won't make much difference until it does.

As long as you have 2-3 hours consecutively after that first wake up you will be fine. remember it's the pattern that matters, not individual temps. Don't average or manipulate your numbers though. Just choose one or the other and be consistent about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->