Temping Question

bollz

Reaction score
It's my first month temping and so far, I've been fairly consistent in taking my temp at 7am each day when my alarm goes off. I've had a couple days of really interrupted sleep from illness and I've disregarded those as I never got a solid sleep and I felt a bit hot from being ill!

Anyway, my temp has been up at about 36.3 and 36.4 the last couple days (I have a weirdly low body temp!). This morning I was woken up at 5am by my naught cats running over me :-o and I decided to take my temp, which was 36.1. I rolled over a couple times and went back to sleep for two hours. I did my temp @ my usual 7am and it had gone up 36.4 (more consistent with the previous day's) ... so I guess I'm a bit confused which temp to chart? Do you think I should chart the 5am or 7am?! I realise it's not too important so long as it's still above the cover line but just more outta curiosity to get into the habit of correct temping!

Thanks guys! :)

I chart the 7am and put the 5am in the notes. I noticed that unless I physically get out of bed that waking up two or three hours before my usual temp time has no affect.

As long as it was 2 hrs straight sleep I would chart the second one since its around time you usually do. I only chart earlier times if I did not get two hours of sleep before having to temp. I read somewhere it takes two hours to adjust to your bbt

Thanks so much ladies! I was swaying towards the 7am, so I'll go for it! :) interesting to know about the 2 hour thing actually, I'm not the most peaceful of sleepers. I wake up several times most nights but only briefly and then go back to sleep! I wish I could sleep like my other half. Once he's asleep there is no waking him up until the alarm! I've been up sick several times in the ensuite right by our bed and nothing. Not even noticed :) s'alright for some!

Yes I wake up often too through out the night and it can be very frustrating and my husband is the same way sleeps soundly through most nights. Good luck hope your tww goes quickly and you get your bfp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->