Temping question?

angelbump

Reaction score
I haven't done temping before and only sporadically take my temp but ff says that 3 of my temps are above cover line. Question 1: what is the coverline?
2: Are the temps recorded similar with an implantation temp drop? 3: When should i see a drop on temp before af?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171021-225254.jpg
    Screenshot_20171021-225254.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 8
1. The coverline is a horizontal line on the chart that separates the two main phases of your cycle. You appear to have started temping too late in the cycle to confirm ovulation or determine coverline.

2. Implantation dip is considered a dip in temp below or close to the coverline around the time implantation is due to occur. The problem is that there are plenty of charts where a supposed implantation dip can be seen when that cycle still ended in AF. It isnt a for sure sign that pregnancy will be the end result though many women count it as a good sign.

3. After ovulation your temps should be above the coverline until you are close to AF, when your temp will dip below the coverline. Should be around the end of your average Luteal Phase when AF is due to occur.

Since you are using fertility friend I believe they have some articles that may help explain a bit better:flower:

Best of luck!

Aww thanks so much for your help i really appreciate it x

Everything Chai said is accurate.If you don't get your bfp this cycle please start temping no later than cd 7 or 8. That way you should have several temperatures in before ovulation and it will give you a pattern, coverline and such.

You won't really know your temp pattern until you temp 2-4 months. Some women get a temp drop every month around when implantation should happen and it means nothing. Also as for when the temp will drop before AF, for many it drops the day of or day before but some women see it 2 or 3 days before and some see no drop before af. It is all part of the pattern you will learn unless you get your bfp first.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->