Temping?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by bunnyhop, Aug 26, 2009.

1. bunnyhop

bunnyhop Well-Known Member

I know nothing about it really, read up to temp at the same time before i get out of bed. So i can set my alarm at 6am and use a digital temp in ear type machine? I have to get up at 6am a few mornings a week for work so im guessing thats when i will have to do it. Also i wasnt sure if my digital temp thingy in ear was ok of if i had to temp somewhere else? x

2. DragonMummy

DragonMummy Well-Known Member

I would make sure your thermometer goes to 2 decimal points otherwise you won't get the sensitivity you need. xxx

3. mrphyemma

mrphyemma 2DS, 1DD, 1 Angel baby

I recommend buying a digital bbt which you can use orally or down below. Make sure you temp at the same time every morning before getting out of bed. Then I would join Fertility friend or one of the other free charting sites where you can imput your data and it will make a chart for you. It really helped me work out my cycles xx

4. hannah76

hannah76 Well-Known Member

fertility friend also has a free charting course through emails... very infomormative!! i reccomend it if you're going to chart.

5. MsLesley

MsLesley Well-Known Member

i just started temping the other day and boy its not that easy. my daughter will wake me up or i will forget to write the temp down or something will happen to mess up my temps. This morning for example...my daughter came into my room and started getting into things at 7am..i sat up quickly without thinking then laid back down...from the moment i woke up i had to go to the washroom BAD! but i didnt want to screw up my temp anymore then what i did by sitting up....but i couldnt help it and went to the washroom anyway lol. so i came back to bed and sleep for 2 more hours and took my temp at 9am. i have no idea how much of a difference this will make :p

im just glad i didnt start at the beginning of my cycle:dohh: