Temping

Fellowes79

Reaction score
I just purchased a basal thermometer. Anyone want to help? Or give thoughts? Or tell me to throw it out and just do it? :)

Thank you!

I found the fertility friend app helped when I started temping.

It's really good but you have to take your temperature at the same time every morning and need to have had at least 3 hours sleep. You literally need to put the thermometer into your mouth as soon as you open your eyes with little movement and no speech.

The app helps you to track Ovulation and AF.

Good luck :)

I love temping and I'm sure over time you will too! It does take a bit of practice to get used to. I believe fertility friend has some really good resources to get you set up and it's super easy chart online - I like using my cell phone. I keep my thermometer on the bedside table and take my temp when I wake in the morning. Some people stress about the exact time of day that you take it, but I'm a shift worker with sleep patterns all over the place and I haven't had any odd charts due to the varied times I take my temp. As long as you take your temp after 3 or so hours of solid sleep. Keep in mind that certain things will change your temp - such as drinking too much the night prior, I find wheat affects my temp... everyone is different and it'll just take time to figure out your body.

Hope that helps! Best of luck!

Thanks everyone! :)
Super dumb question... Is it when your temp dips that ovulation occurs? Or is about to occur?

I take my temp vaginally first thing in the morning, at the same time everyday (I set an alarm). I use fertility friend. It will tell you when you have ovulated based on your temps.

I use fertility friend and temp vaginally. I'm a mouth breather so orally wouldn't be accurate for me!

Thanks everyone! :)
Super dumb question... Is it when your temp dips that ovulation occurs? Or is about to occur?

Ovulation is seen when there is a dip and a rise of 3 consecutive temps. It will rise by a few tenths of a degree, and stay elevated, after ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->