Temping

jjbuttons

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hi ;)

So if high temp does that mean ovulating? Sorry if silly but all new to me :)

Many thanks

X

I'm also new to this, and was embarrassed to ask, so I am glad you did, jjbuttons! Waiting for an answer with you :)

Hi JJ - if u r taking ur temps consistently at the same time u will notice that ur temps jump up after u ov until u r about to get ur AF. If ur temps remin up or spike up a 2nd time, it a good sign of pregnancy. GL!!

Thanks for reply :) so should I temp in mornings? So will go up when ov then again before af but if up constant or spikes could be good sign?

Hehe il prob ask more questions as time goes on glad it's helped you too hun :) will this be your first? X

You should record your temp as soon as you wake up with as little movement as possible after three hours minimum of solid sleep. When taking it orally try not to talk or open your mouth. Vaginal temps are most consistent and reliable

Yes, jjbuttons- my first!:blush:

I'm both excited and scared, and utterly perplexed at the science/ witchcraft of it all!
Last night I was telling my hubby how there's a small of a window in cycle to get pregnant, and he was like "whaaaat.. why did you then make me use protection all the time before, if you can get pregnant only few days in the cycle" :rofl:

Noobies, what can you do :blush:

When temping...

Temp at the same time in the morning immediatelly after waking, after at least 3 hours of sleep, before moving or even talking.

Record temp in charting app. Fertility friend is my go to

Your temp will rise, either suddenly or slowly, after ovulation has occured.
Some will see an 'ovulation dip' but not all do.

Your charting app will alert you after 3 days of temps higher than the previous 6, that you have ovulated.

Once the egg is released, it will live 12-24 hours after and if fertilized will travel down the tube to implant in your uterus.

Your temp rises after ovulation because of tge progesterone that is produced. If pregnant, your temp will stay elevated. if not, it will drop a day or so before AF arrives.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->