Temporary Bed Rest - Possible Preeclampsia

MMonroe8

Reaction score
Hi friends,

Definitely been swollen the past few weeks, but this week has been the worst. Feet, hands, even face a little. I have had this nagging feeling that I will develop preeclampsia. I've never had BP problems before pregnancy...but, today, I was at 145/99, and had a little bit of protein in my urine.

I was sent to the lab to have my blood work done to check for HELLP symptoms; we will find out Monday. I was also put on bed rest over the weekend.

Granted, this week at work was probably the most stressful week possible (in the last 7 months); everything that could happen did happen. I'm thinking maybe that's part of the reason my BP was high. And, I had just come from work to the doctor...

I did just check it at home, and it was around 150/84, which is better but not great.

Anyone else have this at 32 weeks? It's too early...I'm terrified for my baby - I just don't want her to suffer. :cry:

My best friend had pre e all through her pregnancy and delivered a very healthy 7 pound baby girl 3 months ago :) The doctor's know what they're doing so as long as you're listening to them (bed rest, etc), I wouldn't worry too much...I know easier said than done!

Feel better :hugs:

I am going through this right now. I had high blood pressure that started around 25 weeks and it wasn't awful but i hit a 140/90. Well that passed and I was cleared for work. I now am 35 weeks and the blood pressure hasn't let up. Even with home bed rest it's consistently 140/90 or higher. I took it last night and it had shot up to 180/92. I took it again today and it was 177/98. Then it drops again to like 135/90. I did get a 121/101 which isn't good either. So i am now in the hospital till Monday doing a 24 hour urine and lots of labs and bed rest... If it doesn't regulate from bed rest they will be taking my baby out early. They are hoping i make it to 37 weeks. :) Good luck!!!

@Becky, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this too. I'm glad you're being monitored; let's hope you and baby make it to 37! :flower:

I have to do the 24 hour urine test too. Woo hoo! Storing it in the fridge - making sure the kids know it's not juice! :haha:

I did just check my BP again, and it was only 121/77. :shrug:

I am going through this right now. I had high blood pressure that started around 25 weeks and it wasn't awful but i hit a 140/90. Well that passed and I was cleared for work. I now am 35 weeks and the blood pressure hasn't let up. Even with home bed rest it's consistently 140/90 or higher. I took it last night and it had shot up to 180/92. I took it again today and it was 177/98. Then it drops again to like 135/90. I did get a 121/101 which isn't good either. So i am now in the hospital till Monday doing a 24 hour urine and lots of labs and bed rest... If it doesn't regulate from bed rest they will be taking my baby out early. They are hoping i make it to 37 weeks. :) Good luck!!!

This is what just happened to me at 28 weeks! So scary! Hang in there! They gave me the steroid shots to mature baby's lungs - that's how close they were!

I am at home now on bedrest, and things are going okay. I am 30 weeks today. 8)

Things that I think have helped me:
-actually obeying the bedrest orders. I don't get up except to use the bathroom or shower. My husband (bless his soul!) does EVERYthing in the house and with the kids. When he is not here, my sister comes over and does it for him.
-drink obscene amounts of water. It really helps.
-avoid all salt/processed food. Really!!
-take naps, even if they make your head spin. (I get really dizzy!)
- stay CALM. Check your pressures regularily but don't obsess. Trust that you are okay (unless you have more telltale symptoms). If something feels "off", trust your body. Try not to worry.
-Smile! Rub your big belly and smile and daydream about holding your baby. Replace the negative, worrying thoughts with positive, dreamy ones.
-Put your feet up. Sitting down is not the same! Get those feet up!
-Make sure to lay on your left side if you can. It feels better, hey?
-Eat ice cream. Lots and lots and lots of real ice cream. :)

I hope you ladies feel better soon. Remember, if something feels off, trust your body and advocate for you and your baby!! You can do it!:hugs:

Thanks girls! I really hope to make it to 37 weeks cause I don't want my baby to have to be in the nicu. They woke me up soooo many times last night!! My eyes are burning cause i'm sleepy but can't sleep. I swear every two hours they came in and woke me up or filled up the ice my pee is on. I did have a 24 hour urine from Tuesday to Wednesday at home and there was some protein but it was within normal limits. The nurses are so loud here and the curtains just go half way across the window with some blinds that pull open and closed but they still let in some light. Looks like I will be taking a nap later. They did do some labs and my potassium was really low, not to sure what that means though. I just wanna go home and be with my husband! I sent him home because he will stay when the baby gets here and he needed to rest. Have a good day!!! I will be sleeping hopefully soon!

I'm sorry to hear what you ladies are going through...I'm in a similar boat (at least my dr. seems to think so!). I was put on partial rest due to my BP rising when doing activities or being out all day...if I'm resting it seems to be normal. However if I have a strenuous day it can reach over 150\90. So, I have been advised to take it easy and see what happens...the dr. is convinced I will develope pre-eclampsia...quite scary really but very manegeable. Just get some rest and elevate the feet ;)

Laila thats exactly how mine started! I hope it doesn't turn into that for you though.

I had pre e with my very 1st DD and my last. My first was delivered at 28 weeks and didnt make it :cry: (that was 20 years ago May 30th) my last DD was delivered at 34 weeks. She was 4lbs when she was born and is a normal chunky 8 year old. I was told I may get it again so I go for weekly visits already!. You'll be fine. My 1st DD I had no idea I had it, my mom saw me and rushed me to the hospital and the next day she was born. My last I had a 7year old and a 5 year old and was a single mom so bedrest wasnt really working for me so finally I was hospitalized at 32 weeks and I only made it to 34 weeks when they delivered her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->