Temps and OPK?

natthecat

2 years TTC #1
Reaction score
I am sorry to sound naive, but cand someone suggest when I should be doing this, or, infact how it works...?

Hey Nat

Right depends on the type of OPk you have - i bought clearblue digital smiley face which i loved and it came with 7 sticks. If you are unsure of your cycle length or it varies month to month then it might be worth going on ebay (or i think you can buy them from a link at the top of the ttc forum) and they are like litmus paper, really cheap and they will show a line.

Basically, if you are temping then temp every day, first thing in the morning before you get up. You can record it on fertility friend and you can also record you CM and your CP on this too - as well as when you get your period etc. If you get a dark line that matches the control line then you can mark it as a positive opk and that there is a good chance you are about to or that you are ovulating. They tend to detect the surge prior to ovulation 24-36 hours

How regular is your cycle hun?xx

forgot to say - detecting ovulation works best with temp and opk as opk detects the surge and then temp will show when ovulation occurred. On the fertility friend chart you get solid crosshairs if you use both along with your CM as it gives you a more realistic view of when it happened x

If you don't know when u O i would start fairly soon after AF leaves. Test once a day then when you start to get a line test am and pm till u get a dark line. You should O 12-36 hours after ur positive O test. XXX

get the ov tests off ebay, by about 50 which will cost you around 8 quid. test morning, lunch timeish and evening..starting from the day you stop bleeding and at no set time. testing once per day for me didnt work so i though of buying bulk and i got a line! first time in a year. if the ebay ad states so go for the strips that have a cut off of 15iu (think its iu?) i am using 30iu and the lines were still apparently not dark enough for a positive test but this is more than what i was getting.
good luck.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"