Temps Help

NightFire598

Reaction score
Ok so I didn't start taking my temp every morning until the day after AF...
3/8 97.02
3/9 97.23
3/10 missed
3/11 97.27
3/12 97.37
3/13 97.14
3/14 97.04
3/15 96.95

I don't Take it at the same time every day because of my insomnia so I take it when I wake up in the middle of the night. All Temps are in F. All my OV tests since the 11th have had flashing smileys on them...creamy CM for the past few days...

I'm just confused as to if I'm going to ov this month or what...today's my bday so was really hoping for a bday baby...

One of my apps just moved my fertile week from starting th 10th to starting the 13th and pushed my next cycle to 29 days...wven though this is only cd 13...my other app hasn't changed anything except shortening the fertile window to end today.

I had back pain on my left yesterday and today I have back pain and had slight cramps on the left this morning...

Any insight for me?

Some women get a particularly low temp the day of ovulation due to the oestrogen surge that sometimes accompanies ovulation, so that 96.95 could be it. If it shoots up tomorrow and stays high for at least 3 days, you'll know.

BBT is great, but you can't predict ovulation with temping. You can only confirm that it happened, 3+ days later. If your cycles are fairly consistent, ovulation should be roughly 14 days before you expect your period to start. Pay attention to the calendar (but don't go by that exclusively), pay attention to your cervical mucus (it'll be more plentiful and either very watery or very stretchy like raw egg whites when you're about to ovulate, and then dry up or get much thicker after ovulation).

I also highly recommend using opks. You can get boxes of them super cheap online. Wondfo and easy@home are good cheap brands. When you get a positive on an opk, it means your LH (lutenizing hormone) is surging, and your body will attempt to ovulate in 12-36 hours. A positive opk followed 1-2 days later by a BBT rise is the best way to confirm ovulation. Remember, though, that while "a line is a line" on a pregnancy test, an opk line has to be as dark as or darker than the control line to be considered positive. Some ladies (such as myself) always have at least a faint line on an opk, even on CD1.

It is definitely best to take your temp as close to the same time as possible (within an hour or so is usually considered acceptable). I have an alarm set to go off every single morning at the earliest time I would reasonably need to be awake, and then most days I go back to sleep. Easier said than done, I know, but it's the only way I'm able to get consistent temps in. If I wake up less than 2 hours before that time, I temp when I woke up, then try to go back to sleep, and if I was successful at going back to sleep then I temp again at the correct time. If there's nothing unusual about the correct time temp, I take that one. If it looks like my interrupted sleep affected it, I use the earlier time and make sure I've noted the unusual time.

Normally my cm does get egg white consistency but this month I've just had creamy. I never dry up so it just stays creamy until af shows up. I've had a 25 day cycle pretty consistent since stopping BC which means there should only be 12 days left in this cycle...im just not sure what to think. I've been taking opk tests every day.

Lately I've been waking up around 4am so that's when I take my temp and then attempt to get back to sleep. I have a real hard time falling asleep so I figure at 4am I'll have had 3 hours consistent.

Ok so my temp this morning was 97.35...I also got a peak on my opk finally!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->