Temps?

__brittneyyy

Reaction score
I'm new to the whole temping thing and i just started doing it but the day before i got my +opk, my temp was 97.2 and now today 3 dpo my temps 97.1. Is that normal? I didn't temp on the days in between cause i forgot.

If you've ovulated, you should be seeing an increase in your temperatures. That said, a +opk means you're going to ovulate within 48 (36?) hours, and BBT spikes don't occur immediately for everyone. Some ladies don't see it for a couple days. Try your best to temp every morning before you get up and keep track, and you should start seeing patterns.

If a single +opk 3 days ago is all you're going by, you might not be 3dpo yet. Without knowing what your temps were the days in between, it's hard to say, though.

I had a +opk on the 21st and the 22nd. So i just assumed and thats FF said.

You typically ovulate 12-36 hours after a positive OPK. When you have two days of positive OPKs, it's my understanding that you typically date based on the first, or pick a time between both tests and consider that your positive OPK time and date.

You will generally experience a temp dip on the day of actual ovulation, followed by an increase once you've ovulated.

It is possible to get positive OPKs and fail to ovulate that time around.

Also, be sure you are using and reading your OPKs correctly -- many women don't. You do not use FMU with an OPK; be sure to test in the afternoon, and at the same time. Then, having a line isn't a positive in the same way that it is with an HPT; the test line needs to be AS DARK or DARKER THAN the control line.

With your temps, you need to test at the same time every day, before getting out of bed, and before moving around/waking up too much/talking. You need to use a BBT thermometer and NOT a standard digital thermometer, which isn't accurate enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->