• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

tempted to come back

EmmyReece

Mummy To Olivia
Reaction score
Hey :hi:

I moved over to ttc a few weeks ago, but am seriously contemplating coming back her for a few months.

I've joined up on my fitness pal and the amount of weight I need to lose in case we need help with ttc absolutely terrifies me, to the extent where I'm actually scared to ttc at the moment because of how big I am :dohh:

I probably sound like a complete and utter fruit loop for being so indecisive about it all, but I think deep down I need to try and make sure that I'm as healthy as possible for when we properly ttc. I know 5 months isn't long and I'll probably be tempted to go back to ttc, but I think this is something that I need to do for my own piece of mind however much it hurts :cry:

I understand how you feel. I've made it my goal to lose weight before SO and I reach our TTC date. I have a year or two before that date comes around though, so at this point in time, I don't need to consider delaying TTC. I'm hoping that I will have all of my pregnancy weight off by then (I have a 16 month old LO) so it will have no effect on TTC. Next pregnancy, I plan on trying to eat healthy and not gaining as much weight as I did with my last one (I gained about 60 pounds and my back has been yelling at me ever since then :wacko:). I've been using MyFitnessPal as well and it seems to be helping.

Hey hun! I know exactly how you are feeling. When we started trying for DS I wanted to lose weight whilst trying and I ended up getting pregnant right away (2 cycles) so I never got a chance to lose the weight. I gained 40 more on top of what I gained prior to the pregnancy, BUT I had a healthy baby and I had a healthy pregnancy.

Fast forward to now, I am down 70 pounds (was down 90) and I want to take off the 20 I gained these past two years and go from there. However, I know that if I am not at my "goal weight" by the time April rolls around, I can still lose until we conceive and then try to gain only what I should when pregnant.

In other words, you can lose while you try or wait for a little longer, but don't let that deter you too much in your dreams. If we would have waited till I was at goal weight before conceiving, I'd probably be WTT my first right now, and not our second....I am still not at my goal weight.

Just remember, the decision is totally up to you and I wish you the very best! :) :hugs:

There's no chance of me getting down to goal weight during these 5 months, though I really wish there was.

What I'm going to do is take these 5 months as a chance to get myself in better shape for when we do start trying properly. And as long as my weight goes down that's got to be better in the long run :)

There's no chance of me getting down to goal weight during these 5 months, though I really wish there was.

What I'm going to do is take these 5 months as a chance to get myself in better shape for when we do start trying properly. And as long as my weight goes down that's got to be better in the long run :)

Sounds good! To be honest, I don't think Ill ever reach my goal weight. :haha: I just to be more healthier like you said!

I would if I were you, my BMI was 41 when I had my daughter and the crap I got from the consultants was unreal. I was otherwise fit and healthy and conceived first cycle but you would have thought I was ready to drop dead at any moment.

This time I'm determined to get my BMI under 35 and am about two and a half stone away. Like you I'm never going to get to a "healthy" weight before our TTC date but I want to get as close to it as I can.

I'm doing slimmingworld and have lost over 3 stone and plan on continuing on it while pregnant. It's one of the only diets that you can do while pregnant and breastfeeding. The royal collage of midwives see it as a healthy eating plan rather than a diet.

I would if I were you, my BMI was 41 when I had my daughter and the crap I got from the consultants was unreal. I was otherwise fit and healthy and conceived first cycle but you would have thought I was ready to drop dead at any moment.

This time I'm determined to get my BMI under 35 and am about two and a half stone away. Like you I'm never going to get to a "healthy" weight before our TTC date but I want to get as close to it as I can.

I'm doing slimmingworld and have lost over 3 stone and plan on continuing on it while pregnant. It's one of the only diets that you can do while pregnant and breastfeeding. The royal collage of midwives see it as a healthy eating plan rather than a diet.

I had trouble with slimming world, I just couldn't get the hang of the healthy extras and sometimes didn't want the superfree food. At the moment I have to say I'm enjoying using my fitness pal, I'm still eating healthy and always seem to be about 200 calories under my daily calorie goal. Still yet to see how it goes weight loss wise as I weigh in on friday, but fingers crossed it goes ok :)

I know how you feel. I gave birth to my daughter in June. She is nearly 7 months old. I suffered TERRIBLE PPD, and ended up loosing 40 lbs after she was born. It was the smallest I have ever been. I gained it back after being put on an antidepressant, and now I feel like Im the size of a whale!! Its like having the baby has made me gain more weight and my metobaslism has slowed down. Im just unhappy with myself. But, I want to try and get pregnant again maybe starting next June 2015. But I told myself Im not allowed until I loose the baby weight and more. im determined!! Let me honest also, being heavier makes pregnancy alot more rough. You are more prone to more complications. ( Although, I wasnt OBESE I was a bigger girl, and even being bigger made it hard.) Keep going and try to loose that weight. You can do it!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"