Tendonitis in wrist... anyone else?

StarAngel

Reaction score
This is such a pain in the ass!!! I have had it for few weeks now but its getting worse, somedays better than others. Have a support bandage thing and put ice on it... is there anything else I can do? It doesnt seem to want to heal! I was very prone to this before pregnancy but now the pain is accompanied by popping or clicking sensation which is new😐😐

I had this at the end of my first pregnancy. My job is somewhat repetitive and being pregnant makes the tendons in your arms and wrists swell and scrape together more. I get mild cases off and on here and there, even when I'm not pregnant, mostly in my wrists but sometimes in my elbow. When I start to feel it coming on I have to use my other hand. Support braces also help. If I start to feel it coming on and stop using that side I can usually prevent a full on tendinitis episode, but depending on how bad it is it can take a long time to heal, you just have to be patient. Unfortunately the only way it will get better is to stop using it.

Me!

I had never suffered with it before....I have it in both wrists and have been seeing an osteopath for it. Ice is good, she also suggested milking the arm (which I find a bit weird but it helps)...take some bio-oil or moisturiser and literally push the fluid up your arm to your elbow. This is supposed to help get excess fluid into the lymph gland. My hands are incredibly swollen which aggravates it more.

I'm hoping it goes away when baby is born...whilst repetitive motion certainly does not help it, for me it has been brought on by the excessive odema I have had in my hands since I was around the 20 week mark.

Hope you feel better soon...sadly I am just learning to live with it as any treatment in my case has only helped temporarily :hugs:

I had Carpal Tunnel in my first pregnancy, sounds similar. Wrist splints helped me.

Yes! I have carpal tunnel yo begin with, but this pregnancy it's awful. I have it in both hands. I had to buy 2 braces and sleep in them every night.

Yes! I have carpal tunnel yo begin with, but this pregnancy it's awful. I have it in both hands. I had to buy 2 braces and sleep in them every night.

Yes, I had to do that in my first pregnancy. Didn't experience it at all in my second or currently.

Oh my god YES, I have it soooo bad that I can't use my left hand for much of anything. The tendon from my left thumb hurts like a BITCH if I move it or accidentally use my left hand to push/pull something, help myself get up or try to pick something up with it. It's excruciating sometimes. I've bent my thumb wrong and the tendon feels like it *snapped* and my thumb will be stuck in that position feeling broken, it's really painful. And during the night it gets a lot worse and both of my hands swell really bad and hurt. I have a brace that I try to wear 24/7 but I always have to take it off to wash my hands or apply lotion and sometimes forget to put it back on, like right now. I'm worried this may not resolve itself when my baby is born and I won't be able to hold her or carry her car seat with my left hand!!! :(

I'm so with you wlovew, I'm also terrified I'm not going to be able to pick up my little one. I've read two schools of thought, one that the symptoms will abate after baby is born another that it will only go when breastfeeding stops. I'm seriously hoping it is the first theory for all of us xx

Hi
I feel your pain!! I had it with dd and its excruciating! They gave me specially moulded wrist splints but I found them so restricting. I think for me it was just the swelling pressing on the nerves cos fairly soon after birth the swelling and the pain went. Have got v swollen hands and feet again this time and my hands feel weak but not that painful at the mo (touch wood!!)
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"