• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Tens machines, for those who used them and wanna use them!

Lunaty

Reaction score
So ladies,

Who of you is planning to use a Tens machine when labor will be starting..?

And for those of you who have already used them, they have some very cheap ones on offer here but they sell as:

Digital TENS Slimming Massager for Pain Relief
https://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/33/90087733_full.jpg

Is this the same one i could use for labor or do i have to go with a fancy one specially for labor?

Morning

i have used a Tens with my last 2 deliveries and plan to this time too. Mine is a babycare tens, you can hire them or they are about £50 to buy.
Not sure on the one that is pictured, I would go with a proper maternity one just to be sure.
Good luck x

Im going to hire 1. Alot cheaper and that. I want 1 with this button you can press for a boost lol

i used a maternity one when i was in labour with my little girl it was fab!!! Highly recommend the boost button!!!!

I'd recommend the boost button too! I hired one for labour with Sam and I've got one again this time (from https://www.tens.co.uk/acatalog/Obstetric_TeNS_Hire.html) x

I have just this intant booked mine for rental from Boots! I thought this was going to be a warning thread about not to use TENS or something as that is my usual luck loL!!!!

I would go with a maternity one, or at least check the small print and make sure its suitable for labour.

I was booked in at a midwife led centre and they hire you a tens machine for free, I ended up going to a main hospital took it with me and it just didn't do it for me, maybe I didnt try long enough but it just wasn't for me neither was the gas and air or pethedine and the epidural was a disaster too :dohh:

thans for the advise girls,

I was quite surprised when i saw these as i didnt really know if there was a difference between the two.. i guess the ones used for maternity are probably a little more powerful when needed and probably has more pads as well?!

I do think im gonna try and use a Tens, thing is, it is not wdely available at all in NZ, as a mater of fact, i dont think they hire these things out anywhere..
I may ask my midwife at the next appointment!

Did anyone use them before labour to test them out or do they advise against that?

Hi Lunaty!

Check out this place for hiring in NZ:

www.natalcarenz.co.nz

I've also been giving serious thought to using one for labour. :thumbup:

Ahhh sweet :) thats what ive been looking for!

Now how am i gonna tell DH i wanna electrocute myself whilst giving birth.. he will probably freak out when he sees me unpack that thing.. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"