Tentative BFP announcement

buffy

Reaction score
Hi ladies!
As the thread title says, this is a very tentative Bfp announcement! Nothing is straight forward where I'm concerned so despite doing 5 positive test, including a clear blue digi over the past 3 days, i'm still not convinced this is the real deal... It's a really long story so brace yourself ladies, but I've been hovering around this forum on and off for the past 3 years. A little over 18 months ago i had an ectopic and lost my left tube and have been trying and failing to get pregnant again ever since... although I did have a suspected chemical pregnancy back in July, so after that disappointment I decided to take break from the forum and obsessing over getting pregnant. Decided to concentrate on other things. I joined a gym and started eating healthily and have recently lost just over 2 and a half stone and have just started to feel like i'm getting back to my old self!! Obviously we were still having unprotected sex and hoping that we'd get lucky at some point, but it hasn't exactly been at the forefront of my mind..

Anyway one of the reasons i'm so unconvinced this is really happening, apart from my obvious anxieties given my past disappointments... I tested on 15th November, when my period was a little late (although they are pretty screwed up anyway and vary from 33 to 38 day cycles) and the test was negative... this was right before I went on holiday and was really just done for peace of mind. So, I went off on holiday expecting my period to arrive and decided just to relax and enjoy a good few drinks and the sunny weather for the week. While I was away the period didn't show up, but i did have on and off watery pink discharge when wiping, but nothing much on my pants. After the flight home I had a couple of days of dark blood with slight clots and wore a tampon for one of those days and pads for the 2nd and 3rd day of bleeding. Then the bleeding stopped abruptly... So thinking that I'd had my period the next day I had sex with my partner and forgot about it... then a few days later I started getting brownish discharge when wiping again and slight brown spots in my pants, which lasted for a little over a week. This eventually stopped the middle of last week. However, I've still felt a bit hormonal, tired and my skin has broken out in a lot of little pimples. For some reason on Monday afternoon I decided to buy a couple of pregnancy tests, just to make sure.... I couldn't wait to use first morning urine so I just did one at 4.00 in the afternoon... I just about fell off my seat when it came back with a faint positive. I did the other one in the packet about half an hour later, thinking the first had been a dodgey test and of course it was positive too...and possibly even slightly darker than the first. So not content with that I bought 2 more tests yesterday and a clear blue digi. I did one test on Tuesday night, which came back positive again and then did the digi this morning which says 1 - 2 weeks pregnant. I'm thinking - what!? I was bleeding 2 weeks ago and on the 15th November I was testing negative.. Really don't know what is going on. I'd like to think this is it, but until i've had it confirmed at the doctors and even had an early scan i can't get excited! Soooo terrified that something is wrong again, even though I feel completely fine at the moment! The only symptoms that I could possibly say I have is that one of my boobs is tender and i've been feeling hot and irritable/tired and having some tension headaches.

So I'm off to the doctors next Tuesday girls to see what they make of it. Wish me luck!!

I'd love to hear from anyone who has had this sort of thing happen to them as well!

Hey Buffy, havent had this happen to me but wanted to wish you all the best. It truly sounds like a BFP and that you are pregs, but i understand given your situation in being cautious.
My friend had bleeding around AF time for over a week and actually bled up to 3 months and is not 6.5 months preg with a healthy baby, so it definitely can be normal. I wonder with the bleeding sometimes, if that may be the body's way of getting rid of old "crap" so to speak.
FX'd :dust:

Buffy I know you!!!!!! :)
And i soooooooooo pleased that you have gotten a BFP at last and i hope its a lovley sticky bean for you..

Keep us posted, i know alot of friends of mine have bleed during pregnancy and gone and had healthy babies, i am sure the doctor will put your mind at rest!!

I love reading some positive stories like yours it keeps me going, might do wot you did and take a break off bnb and concentrate on my and oh..

Loads of hugs i hope things go really well over the next 9 months for you
xxxxx

As long as you do not have pain with red blood you will be fine. I have had an ectopic and a MC and gave birth this Feburary. I am also expecting again.

Try not to worry all will be fine xxx

Buffy I know you!!!!!! :)
And i soooooooooo pleased that you have gotten a BFP at last and i hope its a lovley sticky bean for you..

Keep us posted, i know alot of friends of mine have bleed during pregnancy and gone and had healthy babies, i am sure the doctor will put your mind at rest!!

I love reading some positive stories like yours it keeps me going, might do wot you did and take a break off bnb and concentrate on my and oh..

Loads of hugs i hope things go really well over the next 9 months for you
xxxxx

Thanks my love! Nice to see a familiar name! I will be sure to keep you all posted on what happens next! Everything crossed for my happy ever after but I can't stop checking my knickers and doing tests! Hehehe... It's sooo hard to relax!

Hope you get your BFP soon! It has to happen eventually, just takes some of us a bit more hassle than others!! :wacko: xxx

congrats of getting a bfp, and i hope it all works out for you.

congratulations on your bfp!!! Good luck at dr's too x

Sorry for you've been through all of that. Congrats on your fab news. Wishing you the best hun. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->