• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Terrible AF: Question

Redbean

Reaction score
Hi, All,

I've been TTC now for a year. Was on Clomid for three months, last month took a break. I could have sworn I was pregnant--just knew--but BFN on 12 and 17 dpo, got AF on 18dpo (2 days late).

I have had the most painful cramps of my life to the point that I double over and cry. They come and go in waves, like contractions, 10 minutes apart, and yesterday I passed a blood clot about the size of a silver dollar. The second day, today, the blood went from bright red to brown, still painful cramping.

I'm concerned because I'm supposed to do IVF this month. Anyone ever have a cycle like this? What did it turn out to be, or did you continue having them after the first?

Thanks!

I had cycles like this every month for years and it was debilitating :nope: I suffered from endometriosis and fibroids and would literally be on the ground sweating until I was soaked and turned pale white until I passed out. Huge clots and yes the cramps were just like contractions and came in timeable waves where the whole event lasted 2-4 hours. It was strange as it always started in the pre-dawn hours and would end about an hour after sunrise but I would be completely wiped out that day.

I went to every doctor and they all wanted to put me on birth control which I'd been on my whole life until we decided to ttc several years ago and I went off. Then I was told ivf which was something we couldn't afford at that time so I started trying to figure out what we could do on our own while saving. Both fibroids and endo (if that is in fact what you have as well) are somewhat a mystery and the only thing doctors know for sure is that they are both related to a significant hormonal imbalance...mainly suspected estrogen dominance which effects the progesterone balance and can cause hat ratio to be to low. My initial P levels showed borderline okay but because my estrogen was so high it might as well have been non existent.

Anyways I won't write a monologue but I started taking supplements to balance my hormones. Even if I got pregnant I wanted a long term solution to fix my body and not just a patch to get pregnant which is what the doctors kept trying-various hormonal medications. I did find what worked for my and got my cycles shorter, period under control with no more attacks, and finally bfp's! I actually had to take extra steps in the end to get my P levels high enough to not lose my pregnancies early on but I got there and am about to meet my long awaited baby girl :flower:

If you want any specifics please pm me and I will be happy to share what I did. Either way lots and lots of baby dust your way for your IVF cycle upcoming! I don't know how your brutal cycles may effect your chances but I'm sure they will give you progesterone to take after your procedure which should at least temper the issues after O that cause such a bad AF and give you the best odds. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"