• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Terrible anxiety

I have had anxiety just generally, though not specific to pregnancy. If it's serious enough that it's interfering with your life generally and you are struggling to cope, speak to your midwife or doctor. If you don't think it's that serious or even if you do and you would be open to considering it in addition to anything they might suggest, I would really recommend trying hypnotherapy as well. I did a pregnancy relaxation hypnotherapy when I was pregnant with my daughter (natal hypnotherapy does a great one, but I'm sure there are others). I didn't do it because I was feeling anxious in pregnancy, but just because I wanted to start hypnotherapy in preparation for birth (there's a separate birth course, but the skills you learn in both transfer). But I actually used the relaxation techniques in situations when I would have otherwise had an anxiety attack and I felt it was really effective (dental work, flying as I have a fear of flying). With first pregnancy, I had to do a lot of long haul travel in 1st tri, but I couldn't take the medicine I usually take to manage it in pregnancy (and obviously I couldn't even have a glass of wine to settle my nerves either). But the hypnotherapy skills helped me a lot on those flights. So worth a try, but definitely talk to your doctor or midwife if it's severe. It's very normal in pregnancy, but it isn't something you have to just put up with.

Thank you so much! So about 11 years ago in my late teens/early 20s I had crippling anxiety and some depression. I went to a specialized therapist that taught CBT and have been completely anxiety free since. Like, never had a panic attack since. I'm 6 weeks and honestly a total
Mess. Crying nonstop having panic attacks, and lots of generalized anxiety. I'm questioning everything. If this is what I want(even though I've been trying for 2 years and have a 4 year old DS). I talked to my OB but she kinda brushed it off. I'm also wickedly sick this time. I've already loss 12 pounds. I have zofran which helps tremendously but I'm so nervous to take bc of the potential risk to the baby. I have plans to see a therapist this week. It just came out of the total blue. Thank you for your time in responding.

Hi 413 mama. I am an anxious person. I wouldn't say I have a disorder and have never had anything diagnosed but I am a worrier. I am now on my 2nd pregnancy and I am positive the hormones make the anxiety more severe. As anxiety is something that doesn't go away, you just learn how to cope with it better, I would imagine that the hormonal change has made the anxiety too strong for your usual coping methods. As a pp said, if it's interfering with daily life, don't be brushed off, try again to get help with it. I will say mine intensified after the birth but was much better by the time baby was a few months old and returned to normal levels by the time he was a year. Everyone is different but for me it helps to be aware that it is hormones intensifying it and that it is temporary.

Hey 413mama, sorry to hear your ob brushed it off! That's not okay. It's good you have plans to see a therapist this week, I hope it goes well. I am finding myself having some minor anxiety (it's my first pregnancy) and have also had some questioning thoughts, even though this was planned! I think the sickness is making it worse due to feeling disoriented/not myself. I am thinking about seeing someone just to talk things over. Let us know how you go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"