Terrible care during pregnancy

Yvonne

Reaction score
This isn't anything to do with me as i am not pregnant so i didn't want to put it in any of the Trimesters... anywho,

A lady that works where i do was teling me a week and half ago that her daughter is 35 weeks pregnant, she was due to go in hospital that night as she thought her waters were going or gone as she went through 3 pads in 20 minutes, (which sounded highly likely to me)
She went in and they said that it seems like waters but they haven't all gone they are coming out slowly.... so going off other things people have said she said to them "so if i don't go into labour when am i being induced?" to that she got told that they don't induce now, as long a the baby is infection free then they will leave her to go herself :shock: But she had to go in everyday to have bloods taken and her temp took.

After weeks of waiting round hospitals for 4-6 hrs for blood results etc, she got told this thursday that she had to see the consultant the day after to go through birth plan etc.

So she went in and he did an internal and just discussed everything with her.
She went home and later that evening the rest of her waters went and apparently they stunk of mould :shock:
She went straight in and the internal triggered her off into labour, anyway to quicken the story up she ended up with an Emergency Section as the baby's cord was round his head and when he was born he had a serious infection and so did the mum!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Poor baby was so poorly apparently and her daughte was to- she got told yesterday that it was written in her notes on thursday that her readings were slightly higher than normal and nothing was said or done!!! :x :x

Was it Strep B yvonne? that's terrible, she should be coplainging to the head of that Hospital about the care or lack of it she received :twisted:

What did she have? Is mum and baby ok now? :D

Bloody hell, you really gotta stay on top of things in hspital.

Tam hates it when I go to the hospital, I ask every question under the sun and have a great memory so question any contradiction etc.

GOD JOB I THINK!

OMG that is absolutely terrible I would be considering putting in a complaint about that. When I had dd my waters went but not fully. Iwas told that if I hadn't gone into labour naturally within 48hrs i would be induced. S'[posse that was over 2 years ago now and from current experience ante natal care has gone down hill since then. I hope your friends daughter and lo are doing ok and are home soon.

I was told with jack it was 48 hrs if my waters went.

I am really bothered though as that was the same hospital that i had mine in and my births weren't great either, my best friend is due her baby there in may, i don't want to tell her about this and worry her but how do i make her aware she needs to ask questions and stay on her toes? :?

Tam wasn't told she can;t be induced, just that it needs to be a Baby's Health vs Tam's Heath decision.

Being Induced is not liked before full term because it means Babies not ready and can lead to health complications, although Senior Registrar said olast week, 34Wks+ Baby should be good to go!

yeah but it didn't help the babies health being left in there either!

They also told her they didn't want to keep her in as she was less likely to get infection at home than in hospital! :shock:

No Karrina it is Stepping hill

Thats true nowadays with all that MRSA etc :roll: Shocking :shock:

They are better now as far as I'm aware, still in hospital, would have been out the same day if things hadn't have gone wrong

Typical, that's my hospital :shock:

That poor woman, she should definately put in a complaint.

I've not had the best of time with them yet, but there's still time to change to St Mary's.

Cx

:shock: thats shocking!
Hope mum and baby are ok.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member