Terrible headaches

xheartsx

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I've had the most awful headache for 2 days now and i can't shift it. It makes it worse that i'm sitting at a computer for the majority of the day too.

I've never had headaches this bad. Is it normal? I hear it may be blood pressure?

Can anybody think of anything i can do that might relieve it a little?

Thank you.

Headaches and migraines are really common in pregnancy. I've never had a migraine before and had one around week 10 - was hideous! I have bad headaches around every couple of weeks.

Drink lots of water and 4Head seems to work well.

Good luck x

what week are you?

I had cracking headaches from about week 16-20, not nice!

I'll be 15 weeks on friday, and they started a few days ago. I drink lots of water at work, but will defo try 4head too. Thanks xx

try to avoid screens when you can so no tv/computer at home and keep lights low and something like a cool cloth on your head, otherwise taking regular breaks from your screen at work and getting some fresh air can really help

thanks lynnikins. I'm actually about to take a break from my screen now. I feel totally not with it today. I keep getting dead lightheaded and feel totally spaced out. Not nice :(

I'll be 15 weeks on friday, and they started a few days ago. I drink lots of water at work, but will defo try 4head too. Thanks xx

I'm just over 15 weeks and have had the same thing, headaches and neck pain (like tension more than muscle if you know what I mean) I also spend all day in front of a computer screen.

I drink loads at work and yet at the end of the day my head is raging.

xxx

Same for me! Headaches every single day for the last couple of weeks. Mostly in my neck now though, like tension headaches...horrible.

I have had the same thing, especially in my neck. I finally figured out a little caffeine does wonders! My midwife told me to give it a try if I got headaches. Just a small cup of coffee really helps!

I have had really bad headaches for the past couple of days and it's something I have never been bothered with before. Amazing how many illnesses / symptoms you can have during pregnancy!

i got bad headaches around 3/4 weeks ago which would have made me 14/15 weeks pregnant. I have to say that I came off decaffienated tea and also did not feel guilty about taking 2 paracetamols as well. Taking paracetamols is perfectly safe - as long as you don't exceed the dose. I never took more than 4 tables in any 24 hours - but I did take tablets nearly every day for a week as the pain was far to unbearable. It is extremely common to get headaches - mine in particular was over one side of my head above my left eye. Now thinking about it I haven't had a headache in 3 weeks - I now suffer with heart burn lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->