• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Terribly confused (or else in denial). Please help. :(

Butterbee

Reaction score
Hi ladies.
I am a mother of two (10, 3) and this is the first time I have ever posted on any forum, period. I am nervous and this situation is worrying me, I need some straight, honest perspective!

Ok, about two weeks ago, my period was due to arrive and it didn't. I should tell you I have been diagnosed with PCOS but a few months ago started taking iodine supplements, which greatly helped regulate everything, and my periods for the last months has been fairly regular (off two or three days, 4 at most, but mostly quite regular). So when it didn't arrive after 4 days I thought I might check. I took a hpt and there was a very faint line. I thought I was imagining it but I asked people to take a look and they all said there was a line. Took another the next day and same thing, faint positive. Yet another day later took one of a different brand and it was negative. I became obsessed and took another (not early morning) and negative too! I was confused and thought, ok was that first brand out of wack? Tried that brand again the next day and again!!! Another very faint positive, (I followed instructions and read within the time frame).
Went to the Dr, told her about all this and she did another generic hpt test at the office during mid-day, and it came out negative!!!!! I was stunned. She told me it could either be too early to tell, or a chemical pregnancy. She said to wait 5 days and if I didn't get my period on Friday (last week), to go back to her. Fast forward today, Sunday, a few days after Friday, and no period. I took a hpt (again), that was the same brand as the initial one, and still very faint positive! I am sure there is a line, I am definitely not seeing things. But what is going on???? It is worth nothing that I did not take any digital tests, they were all pee-on-a-stick and dropper-in-the-window tests.
What should I do? I know the most logical step is to do a blood test as soon as I can, but can anyone give me an insight??

Thank you so much, I don't know who else to talk to about this, don't want to distress anyone in family.

First off, welcome! Seeing as this is the hpt gallery, you might get more response posting this in another area of the forum. Anywho....so you are only getting faint lines with one particular brand? All others are negative?

Hi! I am so sorry, I am quite confused as to where I should post (new to this blog thing and so illiterate at it!!). Thank you for your response.

Yes, so far it's the one brand. I've used three kinds so far, all non-digital. I worry about whether it's the time of day I do these tests (I have done none early morning, which is adding to my confusion).

No no you're fine hon, I just want you to get some answers. Ok we're going to want to know which brand it is you're getting lines on. Certain brands are much more reliable than others. We also like pics of tests! :haha:
If it was me, I'd get a Clear Blue Digital with weeks estimator and settle this.

You're right, that is the most sensible thing to do. The brand that keeps giving me these 'faint positives' is called O.P.T, it is most accessible. I put that phrase in quote because I really don't know anymore, haha. Am in the process of uploading the pic of the tests, one of the earlier ones I did. I have decided I'll do one more (got one extra, sigh) with early morning urine and then get a dig one.

Oh, dear. The images won't upload.
Sigh...anyway thanks for the advice, I truly appreciate it. :) :)

Best to you!!!

You can always go to tinypic, upload it and give us the link or hit "go advanced" where "post quick reply" is, hit manage attachments and try uploading. Is it OneStep? I'd also google the brand for similar complaints! Go get a digital

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"