• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Terrified because symptoms are decreasing

Ella86

Reaction score
I've heard of this happening... But... I had SEVERE symptoms beginning incredibly early, was horrendously sick and had to go on medication straight away as I was losing weight so quickly and I'm quite small. I'm 5 weeks today, and at 4 weeks 3 days my nausea began to decrease pretty drastically (I had just upped the Diclectin to 4 times per day, but... Before, I was STILL super sick even on it).

Here's how it went:

4 weeks 2 days and before - uncontrollable nausea, already on Diclectin for about 5 days

4 weeks 2 days - hcg 458

4 weeks 3 days - 4 Diclectin, nausea better
4 weeks 4 days - 4 Diclectin, nausea much better
4 weeks 5 days - 3 Diclectin, nausea much better
4 weeks 6 days - 1 Diclectin, nausea much better

?! I am so afraid that my levels are going down. I had a dream they were almost down to zero. Horrible. I've been reading online and some people say that your body adjusts to the initial shock of the brand new hormone, symptoms decrease, then come back around week 6 when levels start to get high.

Does anyone have experience with this? It is so disconcerting because of the INSANE contrast in how I'm doing and how I was. I was seriously sick. And now, no nausea basically at all and I'm even HUNGRY... My boobs are still sore, cramping some, etc... But even those things are less severe and come in waves.

I am booked for bloodwork on Thursday... And all I can do is wait. I could be worrying for absolutely nothing, I know. Worrying is part of the game. But this is awful :( I don't think I would be worried had I NOT started out with such intense symptoms! Because there wouldn't have been so drastic a change. I want to pick up a test, but it would still be positive even if my hcg was declining as long as it was still over 25 miu. But maybe if the line is darker than it had been it would set my mind at ease. I think that's what I'll do. SO stressful.

Thoughts??

Thank you ladies....... <3

I saw your thread about terrible sickness last week. Are you sure you just didn't have a sick bug?

You could have had a stomach bug. I am dealing with that right now and I could not tell the difference of whether or not I was sick or it was m/s. Turns out I do have a stomach bug, been going around the past week here.

Symptoms are not a good indicator imo, HPT seem to be more reliable than symptom spotting when it comes to progression and even then it can still be unreliable.

I am so positive it wasn't a stomach bug... I never ever ever get stomach bugs. My body is insanely reactive to hormones and always has been, and when it freaks out over something it FREAKS out, shaking, fever, etc.

So, I know it was the hormones... As much as it made me want to die, I want it to come back to reassure me!

Should add, temp is still up which I guess is a positive sign.

Thanks for the replies btw <3 and sorry to hear you've been sick, kiwiberry!

You know your body best!

I will say this though, I NEVER EVER get sick. I think the last time I was sick was 10 years ago and that's probably being too lax and its been much longer than that. However, I certainly did get a stomach bug this time.

I'm not sure you can really measure the viability of your pregnancy based on morning sickness levels. Have them check your hcg and progesterone levels. So long as everything is increasing, I wouldn't worry too much about symptoms.

:wacko: I really am so sure... ?!

I need to just accept and be... What will happen will happen. This is very hard for me. Do you ever relax into pregnancy? Gosh I hope so. I don't want to feel worried the whole time, I want to enjoy it. I do think I will feel very reassured if my level comes back nice and high later this week. And when I see what I should see on the ultrasound in a couple weeks.

And even if things don't turn out, I'll be ok. But wow will it be hard.

I could be worrying over NOTHING and I hope that's the case! I have a whole new appreciation for women who go through miscarriages and the uncertainty etc.

In my last pregnancy I calmed down a bit after 18 weeks or so. It was because I knew what gender the baby was and it made me feel a little more at ease about it all. I do not have that luxury this time around. Now I am going to be constantly on edge worried that this baby might come 3 months early like my last baby. So the closer I get to 27 weeks the more paranoid I am going to become.

Oh kiwiberry I'm sorry to hear that :( what caused it last time?

They actually could not find a reason. At this point I would welcome any reason over none at all. It's going to be a big shot in the dark this time around.

I'm presuming the medication you're taking is anti-sickness medication? So you'll be feeling less nauseous if you're taking that?

Try not to worry, like the other ladies have said, symptoms aren't a great indicator xx

My MS disappeared very suddenly when I was 8w4 days. Turned out that I had an MMC - had an ultrasound 2 days later which confirmed it. But I was much further along, whereas early on I had zero symptoms (no MS until 7 weeks).

At the time I googled symptom decrease like mad and in the majority of cases it's not a sign of anything.

And I also heard of people whose symptoms carried on and they miscarried.

So in short, I don't think MS is a sign that everything is fine and no MS is a sign of any issues. Fingers crossed for you.

You could try a clearblue with weeks indicator and see what it says? Hopefully that will put your mind at ease.

None of us know what is going on inside and until 12 weeks it's just a waiting game.

at 6 weeks i thought i had hyperemesis... it was a nasty stomach bug! my nausea and vomiting has been on/off the entire time i've had it.

Thanks for the reassurance...

I talked myself out of buying a test today..... Because I know it doesn't change anything. Bloodwork Thursday and will do my best to find out Friday what the results were. If the test result (pee stick I mean) gave me more reason to worry somehow, I'd feel even worse. So I think it's best to wait...

This number will REALLY set me at ease if it's nice and high.

My boobs are nice and sore and I'm cramping on and off. Positive things...

I'm going to start my bump progression pics tonight and I think doing things like that will help perk me up until I can feel a bit more sure. This is such a terrible feeling and I could be worrying for NOTHING.

Thanks again for the support <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"