Terrified for scan on wed

ebannawuoyohw

Reaction score
I'll be 11+2 by my dates. By there's 11+5.
I've had a mmc at 9+5 before. So I'm just like what if it's died and gone. I know writing on here won't change a thing. Mmc suck so much at least if it was normal I'd know from bleeding or something. I've been really ill but I know that doesn't matter. I hate the wait. Just want it done already.
Anyone else dreading it?

I know how you feel. I've had two mmcs in the past and you're right, the fear they create for every future pregnancy is terrible. With this pregnancy, I've had 5 scans already. An early one for dates, two private ones for my own reassurance, an emergency one at the EPU for a bleed and then another private one at 12 weeks. Each time, I was terrified. I actually can't open my eyes until the tech tells me baby is fine. On more than one occasion, I was crying before the scan even started. It's a terrible, terrible feeling to remember how last time, the tech went quiet and then said "I'm sorry..." I don't think I'll ever look forward to a scan or any part of pregnancy again, I just want it all to be over and baby to be safely in our arms. But you know what? Every scan so far, baby was perfect. I couldn't believe when I was told that everything was fine after my bleed! I'm still not 100% confident, even at nearly 13 weeks now, but there certainly doesn't seem to be a reason to worry. So my advice is: try to suppress the thought of the scan until right before it happens. Literally, just let your mind go there. Watch bad tv or listen to good music or see friends and talk about something else. The overwhelming odds are that everything will be ok at your scan and you'll hopefully feel reassured. All the best to you! It's tough but it's not forever and baby will be worth all the worry and anxiety in the end.

I am sorry for your previous Mmc. I think we all share this fear and ever more so when you have already experienced it. I hope it goes well for you

I feel this way. I dread every scan, every pregnancy. My first scan has been moved to tomorrow because I've had a bad cold and fever all weekend. I've also lost my breast tenderness and constipation. I'm 6+3 today.
Sending you good luck vibes and healthy sticky baby dust!

Mines next week and I'm so scared the baby wont have a heartbeat or something even though I've had plenty of symptoms. Good luck with your scan!

Thanks everyone. I think what makes it worse is that when I had my mmc I still didn't expect her to say I'm sorry your baby has died. She could have said there is no heartbeat or its not viable or something less harsh you know. So it was such a shock anyway.
I'm dreading all of it. I've planned for if they do give bad news and if they don't just in case.
I will update tomorrow. Wish you all well in your pregnancies. We can't stop the bad and it's not our fault if it happens x

Crossing everything for your scan tomorrow.

I have a 7 week scan tomorrow to check for a heartbeat and I'm terrified. Something just feels off, and I can't explain it. Even though I've got horrendous morning sickness etc,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow xx

Good luck in your scan I know how it feels. But maybe I can reassure you that I had a healthy pregnancy after my mmc and I still thought I had lost him more than once but he was fine. So sometimes it's just us x

I'll be 11+2 by my dates. By there's 11+5.
I've had a mmc at 9+5 before. So I'm just like what if it's died and gone. I know writing on here won't change a thing. Mmc suck so much at least if it was normal I'd know from bleeding or something. I've been really ill but I know that doesn't matter. I hate the wait. Just want it done already.
Anyone else dreading it?

Good luck on Wednesday xxxxx :hugs:

I have a 7 week scan tomorrow to check for a heartbeat and I'm terrified. Something just feels off, and I can't explain it. Even though I've got horrendous morning sickness etc,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow xx

Good luck today xxxxxxx :hugs:

Hope everything goes well today

Heartbeat was found and my little bean was bouncing away.

I cried my eyes out I was terrified. I'm so happy.

Due 19th Feb I measured 11+3

Thanks ladies for the support and kind words

Attachments

• 20160803_104803.jpg
    20160803_104803.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 3
So happy for you. I have two daughters but in the four years since i had my youngest, i have struggled to conceive and had two mmc in a row. This is my thirs pregnancy since she was born and also very nervous time. Im really pleased baby is doing well. x

Sorry to hear that Mr and Mrs d I've only had one mmc and I was so terrified I couldn't help but cry my eyes out till she told me there was a heartbeat. Wish you all the best third time lucky x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"