Terrified. TMI

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Wildfire81, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Wildfire81

Wildfire81 Own it.

Hi ladies,
    I am 18 weeks pregnant and earlier after I was done in the bathroom there was a small gush of what looked like discharge, but I don't usually have much discharge. We called L&D who said it was probably normal, but I am terrified that I am leaking water. I hope somebody has some insight on my issue.
    Thanks,
    Jimi

2. AngelUK

AngelUK Mummy of twin boys

Did you just have a bath? Cause when I do and I get out I get that gush sometimes and it is water that got into my foof. But I do have more DC over all and need to wear a panty liner all the time or get wet undies :blush: You are probably ok cause I heard that if you leak amniotic fluid it is not just one gush but a constant drip. Still, if you are worried Id say go and see your doctor to make sure all is ok?

3. Annubrius

Annubrius Well-Known Member

Same as above- if you're leaking fluid, it'll be a constant stream. Watery CM, especially in occasional 'blobs' or gushies is normal.

I get them when my body temperature rises slightly or if I'm active. (discharge is the vaginas way of sweating after all)

Have no fear. :)

4. tianasmith121

tianasmith121 Mom and expecting

Happens to me ALL the time, its more annoying to me than bothersome. Its probably urine, when you use the bathroom lean forward a little bit to ensure you empty your bladder completely. I find it happens to me more often when im rushing to use the bathroom and get out!

5. KendraNoell

KendraNoell Mother to Jackson :)

I've been "leaking" too. You could try doing pelvic floor exercises to strengthen everything down there, plus Dr's recommend it for labor and recovery :)

6. Wildfire81

Wildfire81 Own it.

Went to the doctor today and everything is great! I even had a test done too see what I was leaking.

7. PoodleMommy

PoodleMommy Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that! So what did they say you were leaking?

8. KendraNoell

I am interested to hear as well, glad all is ok though!

9. Mommy2be20

Mommy2be20 Mom to Lyla & CJ <3

Very curious to hear what you were "leaking" also! I've definitely had gushes of watery CM that made me run to the bathroom to double check that's all it was :wacko: x

10. Wildfire81

Wildfire81 Own it.

Urine from the baby smashing my bladder. Though she did say I have great pelvic floor muscles!

11. KendraNoell

Wow you're kidding! My floor muscles are baaaaad so I hope I don't start peeing myself everywhere in a few weeks :(

12. Mommy2be20

Mommy2be20 Mom to Lyla & CJ <3

Eeek! I can see how that'd happen though, I feel like I'm gonna pee myself a bit if she gives me a real good boot to the bladder when I'm standing :dohh: the joys! Least everything is great though, that's all that matters xx

13. AngelUK

AngelUK Mummy of twin boys

Phew that is great news! I am very happy for you :D