tesco bag free deliveries..

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
has anyone used this option on a tesco delivery and what are your thoughts o it? personally i dont think its very fair on the delivery person who has to unpack your shopping piece by piece, i usually get about 9 crates full of shopping, i wont be using this option as will be more hassle thn its worth!

Our delivery drivers don't unpack your shopping, we have to. I think if you're only having a few items delivered then fair enough, but if I was unpacking a 9 crate delivery into my hallway and then carrying the items through, dodging past DD etc it would be a lot of hassle. We reuse the bags that we get either for rubbish or I'm going to do a car boot sale later in the year with toiletries that I've gotten virtually free by using money off coupons, so the bags will come in handy for that.

Yer they just drop the crates at your door and tbh what really annoys me is theres always one crate of my shopping that has not been bagged. Think if they do that again I am going to complain - I've got a hall & a livingroom to get through before my kitchen.

they should use the hessian bags or something like that. instead of the plastic crap.

We tend to reuse the bags for rubbish much to DS disgust, so unless we get overun with bags then i will continue to get mine delivered with bags, plus if a bbig shop as everyone else says its a pain nunloading the crates if bagless.

I always have 2 'bags for life' in my handbag for when I pop into the shops. I've got loads of them at home, as well as cloth and canvass bags for if I do a big shop. I previously always handed back the previous bags to the driver when I got shopping delivered. It used to annoy the crap out of me when I got one item in a bag! And I'm a real stickler for too much packaging, so yep, I do request Bag-free. I've got £170 worth of Tesco's shopping coming tonight, and it's bagless.

Packaging is one of my bug-bears. Why do toothpaste tubes also need a box? Why is a cucumber packaged in a condom when it has it's own natural packaging? Why is it cheaper to buy 3 tins of rice pudding that are held together with loads of cardboard than to just buy one tin? Why are 4-pack of yogurts put in a cardboard packaging when they are already attached to each other? And why did the woman who served me in Somerfield last night put my one onion in a little bag when my back was turned? I'm going to peel it when I get home woman!!!:dohh:

I love this option. It drove me mad to have bags hardly filled and I would be over run with the damn things. I have the bags for lfe so what i tend to do is when the crates are put at my door I pack them into thosre and put them in the kitchen. Its a tiny bit more of an effort but its so worth it not to have stupid amounts of carrier bags. I'm like you Amanda - hate all this packaging.

I love this option. It drove me mad to have bags hardly filled and I would be over run with the damn things. I have the bags for lfe so what i tend to do is when the crates are put at my door I pack them into thosre and put them in the kitchen. Its a tiny bit more of an effort but its so worth it not to have stupid amounts of carrier bags. I'm like you Amanda - hate all this packaging.

i nvr even thot of tht!!!!! :dohh:

I just used my local "fresh produce to your door"

For £36 i have had a shed load delivered and they come back with your next order to pick upthe creat and frozen packs ...

For the ammount i have and how it has been delivered im very impressed, plus cheaper than asda :)

xxx

lol im like wobbles in the sense tht i have 2 go thro a hall and a living room 2 get 2 my kitchen but if i get a lesser shop ill def try it this way! i have 4 jute bags tht i use for everyday shopping( i dont get bags anywhere)

lol all hail ur m8!!!!

Wow - our tesco delivery men fetch the crates through into the kitchen for us so we can unpack them straight onto the kitchen table :) Do yours not ask whether you'd like them to fetch them inside and where you want them to go? Maybe I just have super nice delivery men in durham :)

Our delivery man carrys the crates into the kitchen, only have to go through hallway.

As he brings two crates in I unpack them then he brings another two in and takes two back out etc.

I can't be faffing about with bags everytime I open the pantry door its like stepping into bag world, as fast as i get rid they seem to build up again !

I hate plastic bags I hardly ever use them. When they bring the bags with the online shopping they seem to put one or two items per bag so I end up with 100s of the bloody things. No delivery driver has ever unpacked my shopping. They bring the crates into my kitchen (which is inside the front door) and I unpack the boxes onto the side.

Packaging is one of my bug-bears. Why do toothpaste tubes also need a box? Why is a cucumber packaged in a condom when it has it's own natural packaging? Why is it cheaper to buy 3 tins of rice pudding that are held together with loads of cardboard than to just buy one tin? Why are 4-pack of yogurts put in a cardboard packaging when they are already attached to each other? And why did the woman who served me in Somerfield last night put my one onion in a little bag when my back was turned? I'm going to peel it when I get home woman!!!:dohh:

Absolutely agree Amanda. Why on earth do some supermarkets shrink wrap individual capsicums or bunches of bananas???! We usually shop at Sainsbury's, who aren't too bad for packaging.

i live in a 3-storey house and have to carry my shopping up a flight of stairs so there is no-way i would opt for no bags...... id be there a fortnight trekking up and down to the front door!!!!
In fact i complained on mon because they sent my shopping bag free when i didnt select it.... bonus really as they refunded the delivery charge and sent a money off ecoupon!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->