Tesco being sued

P

pinkmummy

I feel sorry for the woman but ..... :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: me and Chris just peed ourselves laughing at the story

https://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx?cp-documentid=149219521&ocid=hotmail

:rofl: It is funny, but it bugs me that she is suing over something so trivial! x

hahahaha that reminds me of one incident at work, when a melon came off the shelf and narrowly missed this customer.. she had a good laugh about it; but if a cutomer dislodges it then it can't be the shops fault surely?

hahahaha that reminds me of one incident at work, when a melon came off the shelf and narrowly missed this customer.. she had a good laugh about it; but if a cutomer dislodges it then it can't be the shops fault surely?

Thats what I thought, but I think she's doing it on the grounds that it was up on a high shelf :shrug:

Its not the shops fault though :wacko: is a customer moves items then an item falls onto somebody else, how can you hold the shop responsible? not like it was how they did it and i want to no how it hit her in the head so hard to knock her to the floor? i mean in my tescos the fruit shelfs are not high. i think shes milking it a bit t i read a story about this "she staggered to the floor" i thought you fell to the floor or staggered home drunk lol its been over a year since it happened and if i had really been hurt while shopping and it was the shops fault id want a bit more than just a couple of £1,000 if she is really suffering with all these problems since it happend

EDIT:

Mrs Raimo told the Mirror: "I was in the reduced section for the fruit, looking at some on the second shelf. Another lady was looking at the pineapples on the top shelf.
"The next thing I knew - clunk - I got hit on the back of the head.
I dropped my basket and staggered to the floor."
The pensioner claims the fruit was stacked badly at the Tesco store in the Lochee area of Dundee, which has since closed.
Her lawyer Alasdair Wannan said: "She is hoping for compensation on the basis that Tesco negligently stacked the pineapples.

In the bold part she says it was another customer that was to blame really but then in the next bold bit says its tesco's fault :wacko:

aah good old dundee pensioners!!! silly old bat :lol:

hehehe that is kinda funny - but seriously how can she sue a company for an accident caused by another customer?? It's crazy that any lawyer would take her seriously.

it'll be a no win no fee phone call she recieved after her accident... There is some way that these companies can get ur details when u have been to A&E... it is a mad mad world we live in...

:rofl: :rofl: can't believe the suing culture now!! when can accidents just be accidents!

I remember the lady in USA who sued mcdonalds for giving her normal coke instead of diet...now that was silly!

To be honest sticking heavy pineapples on a top slanted shelf isn't exactly a genius idea is it? Look at the bottom veg shelves they have the simple things like tomatoes roll off so dispite the other customer reaching for them they did because thats where they were put. The fact she fell to the ground - an old lady ...shows it wasn't safe alone. Poor woman but there is a little chuckle to the story. Having felt ripped off by Tesco so many times I can't say Im sorry for them :lol:

It is funny but I think she should be after an appology and not compo!

Well TBH I worked in a grocery store and it seems shit stupid to put pineapples up on a high shelf, usually cans, jars would be closer to the ground and the lighter boxes were on top shelves for reasons like this :shrug:

So even if the other customer dropped it/caused it to fall, it shouldn't have been up there in the first place :) I think she definitely has a case..

I remember the lady in USA who sued mcdonalds for giving her normal coke instead of diet...now that was silly!

Yeah I work there, you wouldn't believe the number of people who have freaked out over the years because they have health problems and get Coke over Diet Coke, like diabetics, etc. Makes sense but it's usually an honest mistake over carelessness, like I take 2 drinks the same colour- one Diet, one Coke, off the drink station and forget which is which and the Coke customer ends up with Diet and the Diet ends up with Coke.. it's an easy fix though you know after one sip you can come back and get it switched :shrug:

at the end of the day something happened that shouldn't have happened and she's still suffering in pain now. There are some neurological conditions that are very severe and quite serious, that start with a minor injury.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->