Tesco value/Asda Smartprice - what do you buy?

K

Katieeeee

I'm wondering what "Tesco Value" or "Asda Smartprice" stuff people buy?

Do you think it's complete rubbish or do you think it's actually good value for money?

Do you think the food tastes tonnes worse than the more expensive brands?

I buy tesco value nappy bags (25p for 100) - I find they're actually soooo much better than more expensive ones, they're strong, they smell lovely and obviously you're only shoving a soiled nappy in it and then throwing it away so what's the point in shelling out more?

I buy tesco value/asda smartprice loo roll but I'm still debating to myself if I'm actually saving any money here. Again, I'm wiping my er...arse on it and flushing it away....it doesn't bother me if it doesn't feel like I'm wiping myself on a piece of silk or whatever. Tesco do 4 rolls for 40p and Asda do 12 rolls for something like £1.20...To me, they last just as long as the more expensive brands...although as someone else once put it, "it feels like I'm fingering my own arsehole, the paper is so thin..."

Other stuff I will buy:

Sweetcorn - absolutely NO difference at all.
Tesco value vegetable soup - 17p a can - actually taste DELICIOUS and I prefer it over any other brand of vegetable soup and I mean that!
Tesco value sparkling water - 12p a bottle (massive bottle)...it's just sparkling water! Tastes EXACTLY the same to me.
I also absolutely LOVE tesco value meatballs (in a can) :blush: it sounds GROSS but they are SOOOO NICE! And they're only about 30p a can.

There are things though that I would NOT buy :nope: like tesco value sanitary towels :nope: think that speaks for itself really. And tesco value shampoo/conditioner/bubble bath/shower gel...or ANY tesco value baby products, only the best for my baby!

I use the tesco value shampoo + conditioner, actually really like the smell of it and it works as well as any of stuff I've used.

Food wise we'll get the value tinned potatoes, tinned beans / carrots / peas and value chocolate which I -love- . It's creamier than most other brands, yummy.

Pretty much anything value range we'll give a try though, and apart from Tesco's own brand floss there isn't anything I wouldn't buy again.

value beans
and spaghetti

nappy bags (for dog poo atm but nappy's when we have bean number 2)

Table salt

White bin bags (they are a bit on the thin side but do the trick as i usually put a few in the black bags iykwim)

Thats it for now

I buy tesco value bagels and pitta breads (taste exactly the same as expensive ones to me). tesco value cookies are also quite nice, but I don't buy biscuits all the time. I've used tesco value pantyliners (not the sanitary towels) and they were fine.

Also things like tin foil and cling film, kitchen towels etc.

I probably wouldn't by value meat but otherwise I think most things taste fine, I work on the basis of try it and see, if it's gross don't buy it again and you haven't spent much finding out :)

i buy spaghetti and beans and thats about it in value ...everything else is just asda or tescos normal brand .

Has anyone tried the value shortbread fingers?.............9p a pack.......:cloud9:

As I typed that I was eating 1 of Noah's value jaffa cakes lol! They taste no different to more expensive ones, still bloody addictive!

:O I love shortbread! I'll be getting my paws on some of that!

loo roll, vitamins, chopped tomatoes, sweetcorn, did buy the tuna once but it is honestly RANK!

loo roll, vitamins, chopped tomatoes, sweetcorn, did buy the tuna once but it is honestly RANK!

Ew yeah, the "tuna flakes in brine" are a lot worse than the tuna chunks. Makes me think it's just the spare bits scaped up and shoved in a can...

:blush: I can't believe I'm going to admit this but DDs a really messy eater and I'm finding it really expensive using baby wipes to wipe her face so the other day I thought 'oh I'll try to the value ones' 50p, thought if they were awful they'd do for me on a morning. Surprisingly they aren't bad at all, really wet, smell a bit washing up liquid but still.....best of all they cleared up DD's bum rash! We're using smartprice ones this week and they're just as good :blush:

I buy Asda Smartprice biscuits - digestives, custard creams, bourbons, jaffa cakes - I honestly can't tell the difference and they're sooooooo cheap!!

Also, Asda Smartprice tins of veg like chopped tomatoes, mushy peas, butter beans, lentils :thumbup:

My sister uses smartprice baby wipes for my nephews face and hands, he's got quite sensitive skin but they've been fine for him!!

I reckon its really good value for money but yeah some things I wouldn't risk smartprice!!

Sainsbury's Basics are pretty good as well, love their bargain chicken curry noodles!

Oooo yeah I love the instant noodles! And I'm really suprised to hear about the baby wipes! :)

ohhhhh another amazing bargain, smartprice curry sauce 5p a jar, its amazing!!

any tin tomatoes, sweetcorn, spaggeti ect ill buy at smart/vaule price.

Pasta and rice again ill buy smart/value

Curry/pasta sauces ill buy at smart value but thats about it really

oh and my biscuits lol and packet noodles

"expencive" loo roll i find lasts longer since i find with the cheap stuff you use more so you dont stick your fingers though and feels like a cheese grater on my Ass to be honest :dohh:

Cannot stand cheap cola or jaffa cakes though they taste nasty

Kyle has pampers nappies and pampers or huggies wipes so no cheap stuff there

To the person who said lady towels ive used tesco not there cheap cheap ones but the middle range and found them better than a certain named brand :thumbup:

"expencive" loo roll i find lasts longer since i find with the cheap stuff you use more so you dont stick your fingers though and feels like a cheese grater on my Ass to be honest :dohh:

To the person who said lady towels ive used tesco not there cheap cheap ones but the middle range and found them better than a certain named brand :thumbup:

Oh really? The tesco value ones are POOP though. When I had Aiden and (tmi) I was still bleeding a few weeks after but only a tiny tiny amount, I used them and they're really small for a start and they don't stick to your knickers well at all and they're just AWFUL :shrug:

Oh really? The tesco value ones are POOP though. When I had Aiden and (tmi) I was still bleeding a few weeks after but only a tiny tiny amount, I used them and they're really small for a start and they don't stick to your knickers well at all and they're just AWFUL :shrug:

the tesco own i used came in the purple packets and looked really thin and i thought WTF this wont hold anything.. but they where really good.. but it was about 2 years ago i used them lol

I like smart price tomato ketchup more than heinz so I buy that, value noodles are yummy too!

We have Sainsbury's Basics tinned tomatoes and kidney beans :thumbup: Oh and carrots (not tinned,just regular carrots)

Have tried basics sauces and stuff but it always tastes too sweet for me and has a bit of a weird after taste :shrug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->