Test look different after a few dayd???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Tests' started by TNT13, Oct 10, 2013.

1. TNT13

TNT13 Well-Known Member

Can a pregnancy test look different after a few days? I took two different tests a week or so ago and they looked negative. I had what im assuming was my period, started off as brown stringy discharge the first two days then with a day and a half of light bleeding, then stopped. This was light for what it usually is, but still pink blood. Well The tests had been pushed aside and got hidden under my jewelry box, and i just found them and this is what they look like now. Is it possible that it took the test longer to show up, or does this kind of thing normally happen after a test is taken and its been a few days? Kinda freaky.

Attached Files:

2. Ashley8806

Ashley8806 Well-Known Member

you can't really rely on a test that has dried like that....there's a definite line and I will say when I had real faint positives the longer they sat the darker the lines got, but I wouldn't go by it as a positive after sitting that long. Best thing would be to just take a new test, if they did happen to be faint positives a week or so ago they would be for sure positives now :flower:

3. crazy84

crazy84 Mommy to 3

I have always heard they are not accurate after the time!! But dang that sure is a line!!! I would test again and see what the next test says!!

4. NerdyMama

NerdyMama Mum to two!

Definitely take another. Those could just be some really mean evaps, but it could have been an early bfp. Good luck!

5. TNT13

TNT13 Well-Known Member

I took another one and it looked negative just like the first two did

6. detterose

detterose Well-Known Member

I posted a thread a while ago with an FRER evap that developed over a couple of days similar to that. Basically, any result after the timeframe, can't be considered accurate.

7. Boothh

Boothh Jesse, Teddy and 4 angels

I found a test in my bathroom cupboard from months ago that looks like that, I think it's probably just the way it's dried, sorry Hun x

8. TNT13

TNT13 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses ladies! Glad im not the only one who double checks old tests lol