Test result opinions? Please? (I don't want to get myself excited!)

Kalysia

TTC one without fur!
Reaction score
Hello, there!!

Sooo, when I take a test, and it comes back negative, I like to take the test apart, jus to see how each one works. I bought a cheap one, at WalMart, tonight, and, as expected, I did not get an extra pink line, in the test window. (DRAT!)

So, being the curious chicken that I am, I took it apart, just to check out the mechs. When I lifted the plastic, to the far right of the window, I saw this pink line staring back at me. (See attached).

Now, I have no idea if this is a normal occurance, in tests...?? I've never seen this, before, in any of my other tests. Over the last few minutes, that line has grown darker. The line is at the edge of the test strip portion, itself. So, could anyone tell me if this is a normal occurance with tests? Is it a bad reaction? Invalid, due to placement?

Thank you, in advance!!
- Mycki

Attachments

• IMG_20160304_1937557_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20160304_1937557_rewind.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 78
Wow, I've never seen that before! I wonder if the test line was placed in the wrong spot??? Or maybe it's just invalid...I dont know. How many dpo are you?

I am 11dpo, today. More symptoms than ever, too, which is why I chose not to dismiss it, entirely.

I cracked this puppy open, within five minutes of taking it. Sooo. I am going to have another test, and open it up, too, to see if it's a recurring thing. BUT. Even if it IS invalid, it's still a neat thing to know! :).

I'm very curious now! Do you have more tests or do you have to go buy some? Can you take another one now?

btw, the line looks like it has color. and ive been trying to google it, seems like most people say if it's a line that has color even when it's out of place that it's a positive. :D

Sorry for the wait! :). It is an 88-cent WalMart test, which, in the name of science, I sacrificed another one. Hahah. Cracked that bad boy open, and... I'm thinking it's where the excess dye collects, that doesn't make it across the rest of the test. The second one had some pink, a bit further to the right, but, I'm betting it's the same deal. Fascinating to know, though! :D!

(And, I have a few more days to go, so, I'm not terribly disappointed in that answer! :D!).

now i wanna go home and check because i have taken a few of those walmart ones recently, i wanna see if they have that same line. i will have to check when i get home from work.

Thats it exactly. Ive taken so many apart now. Just after the litmus stril where the fluid saturation ends colors with the pinkndye tests.
I used to try and talk myself into them being positive.

Such a draining experience ttc. Men have it so easy

yeah it is so emotionally tiring and frustrating. the hard part for me is that my hubby is so nervous about having a baby that it's a miracle when i do get him to try with me, so i'm really hoping we hit that egg this month so i dont have to hope he will want to try next month or not. ugh.

also, keep testing and let me know how that goes! :D I'm at 5dpo and the wait to test is killing me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->