Tested today

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
So after a full day of nausea yesterday I bought 2 Superdrug early tests. They say you can use them 4days before AF is due, on the basis of AF occurring on 15DPO.

I'm 11DPO this morning and AF is due on Friday (14 DPO).

Anyway, I got up and peed in a hairspray lid (lol, don't worry I washed it thoroughly), did the 10 seconds and then put my phone alarm on for 3minutes.

I went off and fed the rabbit etc. then heard the alarm go off so went to check. I glanced at the test :bfn: so washed my hands and then picked it up for a better look and at a certain angle with a squint I could see *something*. I kept looking but it didn't seem to get any clearer and I remembered all the articles I've read etc. about how if you have to run from room to room and squint, forget it. So I put it in its wrapper and binned it.

I went off and gave the rabbit its water and something just told me to look again so I fished it out the bin and looked and there was a DEFINITE faint line. By now it was about 6mins since I'd tested so I was still in the 10min window. I got my camera and took it into the study to take a pic to show you lot but it just didn't work. By the end of my 10mins I had a very definite faint pink line. I was just gobsmacked. I put it in my underwear drawer and had a bit of a squeal and a dance before reminding myself AF isn't due or late yet so I may not have even implanted and so bean may end up not being sticky and calmed down.

I rang the doctors to make sure I could still have my flu jab and they said I couldn't!! Everything I've read says I can :-k so she told me to re-test on Thursday morning and if it's still :bfp: to cancel the jab.

I want to :happydance: and tell everyone but I'm not even going to tell h2b. He didn't know I'd bought a test and I keep thinking I've imagined it or done the test wrong, or it'll end up as a chemical pregnancy so just not breathing a word to anyone but you guys.

I'll re-test Thursday and if it's still :bfp: hopefully it'll be a lot clearer so there's no doubt and then I think I'll buy a digital one and use it next Monday if AF doesn't show.

I'm SO scared that it's not implanted and won't or something, I just keep panicking. When the receptionist told me I couldn't have my flu jab I burst into tears because now I'm scared I'll get hospitalised again and damage the baby, lol. Argh!

Hi Kitten

I've just had deja vu reading your post...exactly the same has happened to me since Sunday night!! Sunday night and Monday mornings HPT's didn't come up straight away and I'm impatient so only waited a couple of minutes but, like you went back and saw definite lines (I started a seperate post with pics if you want to take a look).
I then succumbed and POAS again yesterday afternoon, this time determined to watch for the full 10 minutes...I got a line by about the 4th minute!
I've POAS this morning too and I have a line again within the 10 minutes (as it says on the Tesco tests I used)

I'm not going to say 'it' yet but I do hope you're in the same boat as me :happydance:

:hug:

Oooh yey Suze! When is/was the witch due?

Tomorrow....let's hope :witch: stays away!

These are, from the top:
1. Sunday PM (sorry can't see it too well)
2.Monday FMU
3.Monday 4pm
4.Today 5.45 FMU
5.Today 9am

Hope it might help

Attachments

• SNV81028.jpg
    SNV81028.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 125
i got two faint pink lines today didnt have to squint either. but not gunna get my my hoper or or tell the oh yet. Gunna wait to see if witch arrives thrusday and test again then, Who am i kidding ill probley test tmoz aswell lol. when you testing again hun

These are, from the top:
1. Sunday PM (sorry can't see it too well)
2.Monday FMU
3.Monday 4pm
4.Today 5.45 FMU
5.Today 9am

Hope it might help

Mine looked like the bottom one and then after 10mins it got like a darker streak down it so somewhere inbetween the 5th and 4th.

i got two faint pink lines today didnt have to squint either. but not gunna get my my hoper or or tell the oh yet. Gunna wait to see if witch arrives thrusday and test again then, Who am i kidding ill probley test tmoz aswell lol. when you testing again hun

I have to test on Thursday to know whether or not to cancel my flu jab but then the witch is due Friday so if she doesn't show up I'll probably get a test and use a digital one on Saturday morning, at which point I'll tell h2b.

I have to test on Thursday to know whether or not to cancel my flu jab but then the witch is due Friday so if she doesn't show up I'll probably get a test and use a digital one on Saturday morning, at which point I'll tell h2b.

Im the same as you 11dpo. keep us updated hun

Will do!! You guys are the only people I'm telling so I'm going to be on here constantly.

Absoloutely starving today!! And queasy as hell.

good luck waiting till thur to test, id be testing ten times a day lol!!! keep us updated hun hope its good news xx

Your body doesn't secret the HCG until the egg is implanted. The tests def look + to me!

My advice...hold your pee for four hours and go test with a CB digi or FRER.
It's hard to misinterpret a smiley face, yes/no, or pregnant/not pregnant!!!

Your body doesn't secret the HCG until the egg is implanted. The tests def look + to me!

Really? I thought that was how chemical pregnancies happened, you test positive on the test but it doesn't implant so you have your period as usual or late. That's the only reason they know about them now, because before tests weren't as sensitive so people got their period in the past so never tested, but now we're testing ahead of our periods, we know about it etc.?

good luck waiting till thur to test, id be testing ten times a day lol!!! keep us updated hun hope its good news xx

I think it's because I'm acting like it isn't happening, lol, I'm so determined not to get excited and then be disappointed I've kind of switched off to it!

good luck kitten, im keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you :rofl: i hope the :witch: stays away and you get a :bfp: ill be checking bk on thurs (who am i kidding, ill be on here later lol) until then, big :hugs:

Really? I thought that was how chemical pregnancies happened, you test positive on the test but it doesn't implant so you have your period as usual or late. That's the only reason they know about them now, because before tests weren't as sensitive so people got their period in the past so never tested, but now we're testing ahead of our periods, we know about it etc.?

I've read a bit more into it and yes, you're right, can't produce HCG until egg is implanted. Chemical pregnancy is a very early miscarriage. So I guess there's still a chance that might happen. Fingers crossed :witch: keeps her distance and :bfp: stays!

Just wanted to say good luck for retesting. Its sounding good! :dust:

Thankyou. I'm so scared I keep wanting to cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"