Testing at 7dpo...

Talia12

Reaction score
I know, I know. But I couldn't help myself :( I really need this month to be my month for complicated reasons. If it's not - and I strongly suspect it's not - I'm going to be really upset as everything is going to be f*cked up.
:nope:
I just took a frer at 7dpo and it's a stark negative. Would a frer be showing a hint of a line by now if I were pregnant? Has anyone had a bfn at this point on a frer and gone on to have a BFP?

Edit: and is there any point me trying again tomorrow, will anything have changed? I know in my heart of hearts I DTD too early this month to catch ovulation. But I'm so sad :( it was really important for it to be this month.

7 DPO is definitely too early to count yourself out, implantation can happen between anywhere from 6 to 12 days, and then after that it takes a couple days for the hcg to be detected by a test so you have plenty of time!!

I am the same as you though, I start testing at 7dpo even though I know the chances are so low but I just can't help myself either. I am currently at 11dpo and still getting bfn's, so I am feeling pretty out myself.

On the plus side, I didn't get a BFP for my daughter until the day after my missed AF, so there is always hope.

I would try testing again at 9dpo and onwards....good luck!!! And also that's a lot of pressure to put on yourself for it to happen this month. I know we wish we could time these things, but we really can't :(

I never had a sniff of a line until 10dpo! 7dpo is waaay early x

Thanks girls! That does reassure me a bit. From everything I've (extensively...) read today, it really does depend on the woman and pregnancy as some will have a faint line on a frer at 7dpo and some not till much later.
I'm still pretty sure I'm out because we only dtd a few days before ovulation and I now think I also ovulated late...But maybe I don't need to give up hope yet. I'll try again in two days and fingers crossed so hard they might snap off...

I know we can't time it :nope: we'd all be pregnant on cycle 1 of ttc if we could! It's just going to be a bit of a disaster if it doesn't happen this month. Might have to stop ttc for a bit, that's why I need this!! But we'll see. Hope alone won't make me pregnant... !!

I'm in the same boat as far as compulsively testing too early lol . I took an frer 6dpo evening and BFN . Got blood test 7dpo (yesterday) morning and BFN . HCG was less than 1 :( . Did another FRER tonight (8dpo) & another BFN . I have one more FRER & knowing me I'll end up testing again tmw or Friday. Lol . I'll keep updating and you to the same ! With dd2 I got a faint bfp 9 dpo evening.

I'm 9dpo now, same as you? Fx for both of us!!

Good luck :) I didn't get a pos with DS until 12dpo!

Talia - wow yeah that's crazy we are on the exact same day! Lol . Tested again with smu & another BFN :( I don't know why I'm doing this to myself . With both of my girls I got a bfp 8-9 dpo . So this is very discouraging . I mean I ovulated , had the ewcm and we dtd 3days leading up to O so I don't see why I wouldn't be . My temps are giving me a sliver of hope every morning by staying elevated but still no triphasic pattern. I have heard though that boys take longer to test positive with so that's also giving me some hope . Let me know if you test today ! I'm gonna be testing all the way up to Sunday I'm sure and if no bfp I will just wait for the witch on Wednesday :(

I had a bfn today... Testing every day same as you. Sigh :(

Neither! My cycles are regular so I have a good idea when - and until recently, since my son was born, I've been using the dates as a way NOT to get pregnant so I'm pretty sure I know when. Also I notice CM differences during O and my vulva swells up?! Think I'm the only one haha! But that's a sure sign for me.
It actually happened a day or two later than what I'm calling O this month, and we only dtd 5 days before "O", so that's why I'm pretty sure I'm out. :nope: Holding out so much bloody cruel hope though!

Nope ! Swelling is a sign of O :) I am pretty regular too but due to prenatals this month , vitamin b6 pushed O back to cd 19 from regular cd14! Who knew ?! If I didn't temp or chart I wouldn't have any idea . AF is supposed to come tomorrow on a regular month but since O was delayed I'm expecting it Wednesday . If no bfp for you this month I do suggest charting next time :) temping can confirm exactly when you ovulated and can sometimes even detect implantation and will help you track when you bd'd and help you track symptoms of pregnancy :)
Fingers crossed we get something tmw !!

I think you're right and I will start! Although fingers crossed neither of us have to :D

Although as I said the swelling has given me despair, it happened later than usual...so I'm pretty sure we missed the eggy. :(

It was 5 days before if I ovulated when I originally thought...DH got ill so we didn't get to do it again. I was hopeful we might still be in with a chance because it was 5 days, but now that I think I O'd late it seems impossible. I'm just holding out hope that I was wrong about O'ing late!

I had a huge dip in temp today . Not quite time for AF. I had another one on cd5. So it's official ,I'm confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->