Testing from 8 DPO! Squinter?

Aw thanks for the encouragement! Great to hear. It seems like everyone sees something by 10 DPO these days

This was my first time out of 5 pregnancies I got a 10dpo bfp! The others were 12dpo!

10 DPO, pm urine. Nada. I'm starting to think this month is not my month.

Your level's just may not be high enough yet, esp with testing at several times a day, a lot of things effect the dilution/concentration of your urine. I've seen many a ladies have something start to show up, serial test, then have a few that don't have anything (although I'm not sure there's nothing on it) then bam a proper positive. Not out til AF shows, so don't give up yet, and stay positive!! :flower:

Aw thanks for the encouragement! Great to hear. It seems like everyone sees something by 10 DPO these days

With my first I got a faint bfp at 10dpo. With this one it wasn't until 13-14 dpo before something faint showed up.

11 dpo, no second line in sight yet

Attachments

• 20160727_060935.jpg
    20160727_060935.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 30
Here's a great article about increasing levels of HCG in the 7 days after implantation.

https://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/23/2/271.full.pdf

The average HCG level 7 days after implantation was 6. Just 6. I am thinking I felt implantation on 5DPO, so that would make me 6 days past implantation. The average day for implantation in the study was 9DPO with data from 6-12 DPO.

GOOD LORD how do all these women get such early positives!?

Here's a great article about increasing levels of HCG in the 7 days after implantation.

The average HCG level 7 days after implantation was 6. Just 6. I am thinking I felt implantation on 5DPO, so that would make me 6 days past implantation. The average day for implantation in the study was 9DPO with data from 6-12 DPO.

It does make you wonder about all the early positives!

But if you think about the math...if hcg starts at 0 and doubles every 48 hours...

Implantation day: 0/1
Implant day +2: 2
Implant day +4: 4
Implant day +6: 8
Implant day +8: 16
Implant day +10: 32

If so many women get positives at 9/10dpo, 7 seems like a low average...

I'm wondering if maybe the data on TTC forums and countdowntopregnancy is skewed. Like... since most of these women are hyper aware of their cycles and trying to conceive, maybe there's some reason that data is different. I can't think of a reason, though.

But if you think about the math...if hcg starts at 0 and doubles every 48 hours...

But not everyone's doubling rate is at 48hrs, some ladies double as early as every 12, so that's a pretty big window, and I've seen things saying doubling can be as long every 72hrs, so that leaves an even bigger window of "possibilities" and there is no way of knowing which end of the spectrum you fall on without having beta done every day after 6dpo. There are SO many factors that come into play as well, I mean just your implantation date can make it a huge difference in how many dpo you are until a bfp, I seen ladies serial test, miss AF and not even get a squinter til a week after she was due to come!!! That's crazy. I would be going out of my mind!!!! lol

But not everyone's doubling rate is at 48hrs, some ladies double as early as every 12, so that's a pretty big window, and I've seen things saying doubling can be as long every 72hrs, so that leaves an even bigger window of "possibilities" and there is no way of knowing which end of the spectrum you fall on without having beta done every day after 6dpo. There are SO many factors that come into play as well, I mean just your implantation date can make it a huge difference in how many dpo you are until a bfp, I seen ladies serial test, miss AF and not even get a squinter til a week after she was due to come!!! That's crazy. I would be going out of my mind!!!! lol

Agreed they say as long as it doubles every 2-3 days. With my first I was doubling fast everyday my lines got noticeably darker. This time around it was much slower progression. Also it depends on the tests. Some tests are more sensitive then others. Other thing to consider is people could be off a day or 2 with ovulation.

Ooh I totally agree with the doubling time. With my second the time was 36 hrs. With this one it was 19.

UsWith my son I didn't get a positive test until I was a week late.

This pregnancy, it was super positive right off the get go. First pregnancy for that. It's interesting to see how long it actually takes the hgc to accumulate. What happens differently when you have an early positive test? What causes the rate of hgc to double pregnancy to pregnancy?

I wonder if perhaps your baseline HCG is higher after a pregnancy. So people who have never been pregnant before would have a 0 baseline, but people who have been pregnant have a base line of like 4.

Man, I want to do a study on this! The scientist in me is coming out!

Well I can tell you my hcg was at 0 before this baby! I came right off a miscarriage where my levels were followed down to zero.

Lol that's ok! Yeah I was followed to zero, had a period and tested positive the morning of 10dpo. But every pregnancy before this has been 12 dpo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->