Testing with or without your OH?

BlueWater

Reaction score
Do you or would you test with your OH?

Or

Do you or would you test alone to surprise you OH?

In the past when I wasn't late but just wanted to test because I couldn't wait any longer, I tested alone so then I could tell hubby when I'm for sure certain that I'm pregnant.

But now I'm thinking if I were pregnant would I rather OH be there with me (literally as I POAS :haha:) so we both find out at the same time.

What are your thoughts?

Depends if your period is late then I would do it together cos that is obviously a very good sign, I haven't had that yet I have just poas impatiently and got bfn before period but this time I am waiting to see if I have late af then if I do I'm going to do it with him. Are you late? X

No I'm not late, I'm about 4DPO, due AF the 20th.
But I was thinking, if I test with OH, at least it'll stop me testing early. But if I do decide to test with OH I wouldn't want to see a negative, so I would definitely have to be late.

Yeh that sounds like a good plan I think I will do the same tbh. I only have about 4 ic tests left so once they are gone I'm hoping I will have a bfp as I'm not buying anymore and won't be testing til I'm late and will do it with oh too. I'm away the weekend I'm due on which I'm glad about as won't be at home anyway to test! X

I initially thought I would test with DH but now I think I want to surprise him when we do get our bfp. He'd only get bored with me testing loads anyway and we don't know how long it's going to take. I was going to ask him what he wanted but he didn't even think I would be doing a hpt as its our first month trying. Clearly he hadn't found my stash of tests!!!

I test early and often, and I could not imagine involving my DH in that process. In fact, I had a chemical pregnancy this summer (tested very faintly positive at around 13DPO) and I didn't even say anything to him until a couple days later when I was sure that I was about to lose it because the tests weren't getting any darker. I'm honestly pretty sure that I wasn't planning on saying anything at all, but I was highly emotional and ended up needing to explain why everything made me cry.

My DH wants another child and is supportive of my efforts, but I don't think he's the type to get super excited enough to want to watch the urine dry on my test stick. The most involved that I've seen him is when he enthusiastically encouraged me to buy a digital ovulation kit. Other than that, I just let him know that I'll be needing him in a few days... and he rises to the occasion. ;) Then the waiting game is just for me.

With my daughter we tested together but this time it would be while he's at work as I have a suprise baby grow for his announcement when the time comes x

Yeh I wouldn't normally wait for oh to test but as a way for me not to test until af late it's a good way for me to wait and do it together seen as am having no luck getting bfp on my own, I don't wanna test early anymore I hate the bfn n wasting tests x

Yeh I wouldn't normally wait for oh to test but as a way for me not to test until af late it's a good way for me to wait and do it together seen as am having no luck getting bfp on my own, I don't wanna test early anymore I hate the bfn n wasting tests x

Exactly how I feel!!
I haven't got any tests, so I was thinking, as a way to not buy a test until I'm late would be to test with OH.
That way, I can look forward to waiting to be late so that we both can see a bfp together. BFN's are so disappointing.

It's interesting to see that so far, everyone has voted to test alone. If I did that, I'm not quite sure how I would surprise OH.

Yeh well I think if you are a poas addict like most of us it's hard to do it with oh cos they would be like not again not more bfn especiywhen they are done early! I want to wait this time so it's a good way of waiting isn't it and that way no early bfn tests! Fingers crossed we all get those lovely lines soon 😀

OH has gotten really angry with me for testing without him. He's all about testing together and knowing together. I may have accidentally tested without him a few other times though ;) He doesn't know my crazy.

with DS, i tested alone with IC's, showed him a couple of early squinters but he didn't believe me lol (blind!). Anyway when AF never arrived & I was pretty sure I was preg from the IC's we did a digi together, that was really nice and I was 99% sure is wasn't going to be neg so there was no worry there xx

With my daughter we tested together but this time it would be while he's at work as I have a suprise baby grow for his announcement when the time comes x

I initially thought I would test with DH but now I think I want to surprise him when we do get our bfp. He'd only get bored with me testing loads anyway and we don't know how long it's going to take. I was going to ask him what he wanted but he didn't even think I would be doing a hpt as its our first month trying. Clearly he hadn't found my stash of tests!!!

Blakesmummy09- your dip looks good in your chart! hopefully its from IP!

Mrsunicorn- your chart is also looking good,

sorry I'm being nosy haha

asm- I test by myself cause I have a surprise for DH when we get our BFP.

@blakesmummy I have a surprise baby grow to tell DH too (it's a led Zeppelin one) the only thing I've allowed myself to buy!

Thanks 55comet555 Hoping my temps stay up - and not just because of my cold!

I've never tested with my fiance in the room, and I don't think I ever will. The question for me is do I test on a morning when he's leaving for work in half an hour, or wait for a morning when he gets to stay home? Trouble is, there aren't many of those staying home mornings, because most weekends we're off at the cabin with at least 1 other member of him family!

This cycle I didn't test at all, tomorrow I get my beta and they will call me to tell me if it's positive or negative, and me and DH agreed that we will discuss it when he gets home from work....because I just felt like in person was better than me texting him either way lol

I actually resisted the urge to buy £1 tests.... I hate seeing bfn..
But I wondered whether the cheapies are any good at detecting before a missed period

Mrs. unicorn, our stories are so similar!!!

I vote test alone. I don't think DH has much interest in looking at pee sticks, and no way I'm letting him watch me pee on one. I got him a surprise onesie to announce when that BFP shows up and even if I get a morning positive, I'll probably wait until we get home to tell him.

I guess to me, he knows I'd know first anyway. I don't think he thinks I poas before AF is due, so no AF, I suspect a BFP, and then test and then he finds out. So he's always the second person to know. That said, I totally test before AF. And seriously, I hope he never tracks my AF. I'm not that touchy feely ;)

DH wants to test together but I find it really hard not to test early. I want to surprise him in some way and catch it on video!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->