Testing with or without your OH?

Exactly I think it's a nice thing to surprise them! He surprised me with a ring so I'd like to surprise him with a.....stick I've peed on - I mean baby-to-be!! Actually he prob won't even want to see something I've peed on!

Exactly I think it's a nice thing to surprise them! He surprised me with a ring so I'd like to surprise him with a.....stick I've peed on - I mean baby-to-be!! Actually he prob won't even want to see something I've peed on!

Hehe have to admit I do like this. -the surprise element.
But I'm thinking "we've baby danced together and we're gonna find out if we've made a baby together "

Tbh, I'm undecided if I'd test alone or test with oh. Just 10 more sleeps until the witch is expected or rather not expected!

I don't want to test together, I test WAY too often to bring him into the bathroom that many times. Plus, I don't want him to have to see a negative test, when we both want this so badly. So when/if I do get a positive ever...and it's good and strong/dark, THEN I will finally "test together" with him and let him read me the results (probably do it on a digi and have him just keep it with him, and read outloud. It won't be a surprise for me, but I don't need it! :D

I think I just like the privacy of testing. Whether it comes out positive or negative, I want that moment to myself to process my feelings. I guess I just want that moment to myself.

I've always tested alone. Like Holliems said - it's almost like my moment to brace myself x

I test all by myself.

When we started TTC, OH wanted me to wait to test until he was home where he could see the test right away and we'd find out together. But after a lot of BFNs, he wasn't really up to it anymore.

What I've been doing now is I'll test by myself and then if I think I see a line, I'll have OH check it. However, my OH works nights, so he's often sleeping when I test in the mornings, so I do have a card I'll surprise him with when I get a good bfp if I get one on one of the mornings he's not awake to check the test.

I test without him. He always said he just wants to know when it is positive. Last cycle when I got my bfp I tested every day and I obsessed. He knew I was testing but he didn't want the details. When I finally showed him one that had a faint line he couldn't see it. The next day the line was darker and he was like "well you can't miss that one." But then he went and researched tests and found out about evaps etc. So it wasn't until I got my betas back and I had to explain that the only way the hcg was in my system was because of a baby that it finally sunk in.

I know I will test early and I will do it on my own this time too. (Last one ended in a mc). If I get a positive I will show him.

We found out together with DS. I asked him once if he would ever want me to test without him and he said no, he wants to find out at the same time. Next time we try, I want to be an early tester so he will just have to bare with me through all the testing!

I so wanted to test with him. But I got impatient.
I've gone and bought 4 pregnancy tests to start tomorrow morning. But now I can feel af symptoms like achy thighs.

Next cycle, I shall have to wait it out and test together.

I was going to do same but had to check today as got this uti come on n got worse so wanted to check before i go to docs tommorrow was bfn unfortunately. Fingers crossed for u tommorrow x

I was going to do same but had to check today as got this uti come on n got worse so wanted to check before i go to docs tommorrow was bfn unfortunately. Fingers crossed for u tommorrow x

Hope your uti gets better :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"