Tests not getting darker??

Tink1o5

Mom of 3
Reaction score
Im about 3 days late for my period. I was due on Jan 25th. Got a faint BFP on an answer brand test on Jan 26th. Then on Jan 27th, and and Jan 28th i have took a Walmart .88 cent test each morning with FMU. My lines are not getting darker.. I've mc before so this is VERY nerve racking for me. :cry: The lines im getting are still pretty faint. I will upload photos from my phone

Here they are in order I took them

Attachments

• 2015-01-27 00.14.57.jpg
    2015-01-27 00.14.57.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2015-01-27 09.32.03.jpg
    2015-01-27 09.32.03.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2015-01-28 10.32.05.jpg
    2015-01-28 10.32.05.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 27
I'd pop to your doctor and ask for bloods Hun. Only way you will know what's going on. Can't see them refusing if you explain you have suffered a loss before. Good luck!

I can empathise with how worrying it is after a previous miscarriage/s. *hugs*

I definitely agree with the above about asking your Doctor to do blood tests if possible as they will be most accurate and reassuring.

The other thing I'd say is I've noticed over time not all tests show a huge amount of progression and different brands will have different darkness etc. I kept testing with the cheapies for a while after my BFP and it didn't seem to change much at all but then one day I tested with an FRER and a digi and it was so much more different!

x

Thanks for the replies. I have scheduled an apt with my doctor for tomorrow. Its with my primary care doctor though, because i am currently trying to find an OB that i dont hate. ( bad experience with my last 4 obs)

I am actually having my DH run an get me a box of FRERs right now, because with my 2 viable pregnancies my lines were SUPER dark, but with my MC they were extremely light. (like this one) :(

Here is the FRER I just took with smu

Attachments

• 2015-01-28 12.50.54.jpg
    2015-01-28 12.50.54.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 28
It looks very similar to mine! It's still early days. I've been leaving a week between testing with digi just to see if they are going up!

That last test looks darker to me. I hope your appt goes well tomorrow and you get some answers. :hugs:

I can see progression on your frer!

I will say that I also bought some Wal-mart tests when I first got my BFP, I was buying every brand I saw lol. The same day my frer got really dark, I barely got a line on the wal-mart brand...with the same urine. Could just be the test brand. I'd stick to one brand (frer seems the best) and go from there. And maybe a digital in the next few days. Congrats!

I've recently posted about the same thing-have a look if you like. I drove myself mad and assumed the worst but alas ic's were poor progression indicators! I did use a frer and it was a good line. I waited a few days then saw the darker line on ics. Go and see Dr today too to get the bloods done. Goodluck!

A1- yea I have an apt today. I'm extra nervous also because I have had NO symptoms. Just some on and off mild cramps

A) Always use the same brand of test. FRER is what I'd highly suggest.
B) Always use FMU. You cannot compare a test that was FMU and one that was done in the middle of the day.
C) Always wait at least two days to actually see progession :)

My first morning I got a visible, but kinda faint BFP and then the next day took my digi and got a Pregnant. Waited two days and took another FRER and it was definitely darker. I waited until a week or two after my first BFP and took a test and the test line finally became darker than the control line. I'm now 12+5. Good luck!

I didn't have any symptoms that early, started feeling things closer to 5, 6 weeks like cramps and sore boobs, mild nausea kicked in at 6 1/2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->