Thank God for counting kicks!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by sassypants77, Oct 4, 2013.

1. sassypants77

sassypants77 Active Member

So I was 37 +2 today, and have been scrambling at work to get everything lined up for when I am out. I normally count morning kicks at about 1045, but due to meetings I wasn't back at my desk until about 1. That was when I realized I had been having pain all day, but no movement. Immediately called doc and went in for a non stress test, still no moving. Got sent to hospital, heartbeat good, but no change in it like they would want to see and still no movement. So c-section it was as I had been having contractions, and doc said based on what she saw baby would not tolerate labor well. She scored a 1 on Apgar when she was born, not really breathing and gray. They managed to get her to co e around and then she scored an 8. Currently on oxygen and may end up in NiCU, but at least she is here and getting good care, just wish we knew what was going on. She was 7lbs, 1 oz and 19.5 inches long.

2. jocelynmarie

jocelynmarie Well-Known Member

Wow, how very scary!!! So glad that she is doing ok now! Keep us updated!

3. Tower6

Tower6 Pregnant 1st tri- baby #4

Wow thank u so much for sharing your story. I worry about this daily and it is so amazing to hear stories after you always wonder and feel like maybe your exaggerating or over reacting. Thank you for sharing and congrats!!! So glad to hear she is doing well

4. whittnie117

whittnie117 Well-Known Member

How scary! So very Glad you noticed and got that checked out. I hope you and she both recover well from the delivery and she won't need that trip to the NICU. Congratulations mama.

5. angelandbump

angelandbump Working Mum :o)

Congratulations and im glad baby is doing okay. I hope your stay is not too long in hospital xx

6. emmalg

emmalg Well-Known Member

That sounds incredibly lucky and is a lesson to me to pay a bit more attention to movement. I really hope she continues to go from strength to strength. xx

7. CountryS2011

CountryS2011 Well-Known Member

You have no idea how I breathed a sigh of relief when I just felt my baby kick the second I got done reading that...I'm always so scared :/

Congrats! Hope she does well :)

8. jellybeanxx

jellybeanxx NTNP #4

So glad she's doing well, it must've been very scary for you!

9. Perplexed

Perplexed Mommy of 2

Glad to hear she's doing well. Hope you two won't need to stay at the hospital much longer. Good think you realized, thank you so much for sharing this!

10. MrsGSI

MrsGSI Well-Known Member

Congratulations Hun! it pays to be attentive, hope she gets much better really soon.

11. lovehearts

lovehearts Well-Known Member

Congratulations, hope your LO is r soon xx

12. Prinny

Prinny BABY NO.3 DUE OCT 2019

Sounds so scary, congratulations! I'm glad your baby arrived safely..xx

13. NewAtThis13

NewAtThis13 Well-Known Member

Wow! Thank goodness is right. Congrats, hope your lo is still doing well!! <3

14. sassypants77

sassypants77 Active Member

Thanks Ladies! She did have to get admitted to the NICU, but is already doing better and I even got to hold her and change her diaper today. They had to do a spinal tap on her, and it appears some type of infection caused all of this. I do have Group B strep, and they think that might be it, but don't know for sure yet. They started her on antibiotics last nite, but she is down to just room air on the CPAP machine. She will have to be in for probably about 7 days, but things are looking so much better. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate all of the support!

15. Yipee

Yipee Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm so glad you got to the hospital when you did, and that she's doing well now.

16. liz1985

liz1985 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Hope you both get to come home soon x