That excited feeling-March 2018!

lpjkp

1st time Mommy!
Reaction score
Anybody else got that excited feeling to get going?!

This will be #2 for us with our DS turning 5 in April-it’s just dawned on me today with severe ovulation pains that we only have 2 periods left before TTC!

Is anyone else starting TTC around that time?

Hello! :) I’m planning to ttc in April, so I’m right behind you! I have an iud right now, my midwife said I coul try to conceive immediately after removal, so I’ll be getting it removed at the end of March. This will also be #2 for us, DS is 20 months old.

:wave: Hi,
We're traveling to the Dominican Republic end of March for my 30th, considering ttc #2 upon our return. However we've been told to wait at least 6months before trying due to Zika :dohh: so really don't know if it will be April or October. Our DD will be 4 in July.

We're also waiting to get back from a vacay to Mexico before starting on #2, which would be the end of March! I thought I had read the recommendations said 2 months if you don't feel sick/fever after returning, 6 months if any signs of illness?

--> https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2016/s0325-zika-virus-recommendations.html

I told DH we'd be diligent about watching for illness, but otherwise we'll go with the 2 month mark. Which is a tough choice but I work in this field and feel comfortable with the recommendations.

It's #2 for us, and our DD#1 is 16 months. Sticking to the BC until we're back from the holiday just for the Zika risk, and then it's no holds bared! A little nervous bc we conceived in 3 cycles last time, and I almost wouldn't mind it taking a little longer this time...just cause I like the BD'ing ;) Staring at my last 2 backs of BC like..."Wow. This is it!".

@awnmyown
I thought it was 2 months for women but 6 months for men? According to the Centers for Disease Control 'CDC' (The CDC recommends that women who travel to areas with Zika who want to get pregnant in the near future wait at least eight weeks after their last possible exposure to the virus before trying to conceive. For male partners, the CDC advises waiting six months after the last possible exposure before trying to conceive. Using condoms is also recommended for the waiting period.)
If its been reduced to 2 month then that fantastic news. Zika isnt not really reported on alot any more in the UK so am not sure at all.

I think we are going to go for #3 in another month or two - surely a sign that I have lost what little mind I had!

Ugh, Bumblebee, you're right :( That sucks hugely. We still test for it here, and I heard that there's been far fewer cases this past year.

My colleagues do the testing and write the guidelines (I've been on mat leave since they changed the guidance), so I feel like it's not even an option to not listen to the guidance. How am I gonna explain it when my name shows up on a test form?? Ugh. Feel like this is ruining all my TTC plans :( Stupid zika. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

No problem at all. Like I say we're out of it here in the UK so have to do my own research :thumbup: xx good luck when we're able to ttc :winkwink:

We’re thinking of starting TTC #3 in May! I’m so excited to start! My youngest was born New Years Day and I was so worried he was going to come at Christmas, so we’re trying to skip that time of year this time. Both kids took nearly 18 months if TTC though so you never know, I might end up with another almost Christmas baby anyway!

We are also going to try for baby no3 in April / May moves it forward from August.
DD2 was born in December. Like you Jellybean we want to try and avoid that month but you never know !

Good luck TTC ladies ! X

Ugh,that excited feeling is now a torn feeling-I’ve been given a promotion at work (I’m a teacher and been given a 1 year head of department role) which is a fantastic opportunity considering I’m relatively new into the profession compared to some of my colleagues)-it has the opportunity to become permanent in a year. I’m now so ready to have our second but have so many people around me telling me it’s too good an opportunity to put aside for a child and I should put career first...my husband is happy either way,but agrees with others that I’m lucky to have this opportunity...me,on the other hand,feel torn between the sensible things others are saying but also my heart wanting another, and I don’t know what to do for the best!

What would others do in my situation? I’m only 27, and have years ahead of me for a career,but also years ahead of me for our second...it makes it more difficult that our DS is talking about “when we have our baby” everyday!

Oh hun that’s a difficult choice for you to make .

I actually made a good career for myself in a legal profession and enjoyed it . I gave it all up when DD1 was born . Haven’t looked back. I am hoping to go back to work after baby no3 . It’s such a personal choice and it’s what’s going to work best for you and your family

Sorry not really that helpful as I can see both sides of the coin and I would find it so difficult to make that choice now ! Good luck things always find a way of working out ! x

We might start TTC in late March, depending on how my follow up with my surgeon goes (foot injury last year) and how my son's MRI goes (minor cerebral palsy diagnosis).

:wave: Hi,
We're traveling to the Dominican Republic end of March for my 30th, considering ttc #2 upon our return. However we've been told to wait at least 6months before trying due to Zika :dohh: so really don't know if it will be April or October. Our DD will be 4 in July.

Really glad I read this thread because I had completely forgotten about Zika. Our plan was originally to go on a cruise around Central America / Caribbean in December and pretty much use the holiday as the starting point of baby-making. We could still go but I am not waiting another 6 months to start trying, it's bad enough having to wait til the end of this year lol. Guess we will be looking to go to somewhere else on holiday... bummer was looking forward to it! :cry:

I'm hoping to be TTC again in March, waiting for things to return to normal after a recent loss. We originally wanted to avoid the end of year for baby to arrive but now all I'd like is a healthy and happy bub.

x

We’re hoping to start trying for #2 over the next few months, but it will all depend on when AF returns for me. I’m weaning off pumping but still bfing when home. Fingers crossed we can start as planned!

Sorry for your loss Poppie hope you conceive again soon ! Xx
Good luck TTC Les !

Hello all! :) We have decided to start trying in April! Looking forward to it! We currently have a 14 month old. Good luck to all ladies as they start TTC!

Well,we made a decision!
We are going to crack ahead with trying for our second little one...we figured that I’m young enough to get the experience, and I’ve got a whole career ahead of me for promotions, but we are not willing to put a job over our family... spotting has started for my last AF before we officially start, though we aren’t going to go crazy with timings-just “go with the flow”, so it’ll happen when it’s meant to be! Excited again and feel like we are making the right decision for our family!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->