• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

That is it! I am throwing my baby in the snow.

mrsthomas623

MommyToNolanAndPregnant!
Reaction score
Ok, not really... but it is tempting. :winkwink:

Since birth Nolan has held the title 'Monster Baby' and believe me... he has earned it. :nope: Never slept well, had colic/reflux issues.

During the day he is a sweet guy, very curious and into everything.. in a good way. It is so much fun to watch him learn and explore. :thumbup:

But he fights sleep like no ones business. Naps maybe an hour during the day, and at night, just rolls around, kicks and never seems to be able to settle in his sleep. He is still up anywhere from 3-7 times a night, gets 2 bottles. He was up screaming at 3:50am yesterday and cried for about an hour, slept another 40 minutes and was up for the day.

In the past 3 weeks he has cut 2 teeth and become completely attached to my hip. He has never been a cuddly baby, so def. not normal. Is this just a culmination of separation anxiety and teething? Will it get better?

Just wondering if it is a developmental thing or is it could still be some reflux issues. Thanks in advance ladies :hugs:

:hugs: Oh my lord, but I've had a few moments like that. Usually around 3 am.
It does get better, honestly. I'm finally getting sleep most nights.

Oh Nolan :(

I would put my money on reflux/gas... it is usually that :( Even when I want to blame everything else, I think it all comes back to reflux...

Oh Nolan :(

I would put my money on reflux/gas... it is usually that :( Even when I want to blame everything else, I think it all comes back to reflux...

It really does. I think the clinging is just typical separation issues but it just NEVER seems like he gets good sleep. I watch him on the video monitor and he is constantly rolling and kicking and crying out. I feel so bad for him and I'm am so exhausted.

I imagine you're both exhausted and would love a good night's sleep. Reflux is just so awful. I know how much it bothers me so I can only imagine how much it bothers Ronan when it's acting up and we don't medicate regularly for it anymore so i am always wondering if that's it when he has a bad night.

The separation anxiety is pretty normal around your LO's age, along with a little extra clinginess if he's teething and not feeling well. It's hard, but keep your chin up, it will get better!

On a lighter note, I did actually take Ronan out yesterday afternoon to play and "tossed" him into the snow! :haha: He's an odd boy and loves it and doesn't seem to mind the cold at all.

:hugs: I have had a hard time with Sidney, he also suffered with Reflux so i have spent at least half of his life sleeping on the sofa with him so not really getting much sleep at all! He also is going through a phase of seperation anxiety too. Hardwork.com! Worth it though

Big big :hugs:

I imagine you're both exhausted and would love a good night's sleep. Reflux is just so awful. I know how much it bothers me so I can only imagine how much it bothers Ronan when it's acting up and we don't medicate regularly for it anymore so i am always wondering if that's it when he has a bad night.

The separation anxiety is pretty normal around your LO's age, along with a little extra clinginess if he's teething and not feeling well. It's hard, but keep your chin up, it will get better!

On a lighter note, I did actually take Ronan out yesterday afternoon to play and "tossed" him into the snow! :haha: He's an odd boy and loves it and doesn't seem to mind the cold at all.

:haha: LOVE this. Nolan just gets this shocked look and starts gasping for air when he is outside. And that is just walking from the car to the store :haha::haha: Perhaps next year will be more fun!

It'll get better hun. It does sound like reflux.

Macy has reflux too and is currently up every 30minutes all night and still has 2 bottles! I just keep reminding myself it won't be forever xx

:haha: LOVE this. Nolan just gets this shocked look and starts gasping for air when he is outside. And that is just walking from the car to the store :haha::haha: Perhaps next year will be more fun!
I got some good pics I need to load onto my computer still but he tries to eat the snow anytime he gets close enough to it. Must teach him about the yellow snow! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"