• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

That was new

Seity

Mom to Gabriel and Samuel
Reaction score
My sense of smell must have gone into overdrive overnight. I haven't had any nausea or anything, but suddenly this morning the smell from the litterbox in the basement made me start to gag and heave. I only caught one whiff, but I would be very happy never to experience that again. I know many of you have had it a lot worse, but it caught me by surprise.

smelly people on the bus! stinky smokers and people out drinking all night then on their way into work in the morning...you know that awful smell when you seem to sweat out the alcohol BLEURGH!

LOL weren't you just saying how you're done with first trimester? :) Hope it's just ONE episode, nothing crazy. They say with some people it actually starts at the end of first trimester and goes till the end of pregnancy, but I am sure it won't be you, just trying to scare you to stay in first trimester for longer :)

I didn't say I was done with 1st tri, just that I didn't really fit, but I'm not going to officially move to 2nd till 13 weeks when I'm actually in 2nd. I just moonlight over there for now.

My sister is one of the ones who had morning sickness her whole pregnancy, so I've been wary about having that happen to me as well. I think in this case it's just a matter of the nose finally going into overdrive. We have one cat who's got issues and he doesn't bury his poop, so it's always vile. I really hope this is a one time thing. I'm holding my breath in the basement from now on!

What about your mom? Thought it was mom's genes. Don't go in the basement!!

My mom had normal minor morning sickness only during 1st tri. Said she just ate a few saltines before getting up in the morning and she was good for the day. Sounds like neither my sister or I took after her.

Seity, I think sometimes we are having the same pregnancy. You always post on the same threads and echo my "haven't had ms at all" comments - well yesterday and today things seemed to have changed. Not that I have thrown up, but I am really off food and smells that were fine 48hrs ago turn me off and there has been a couple gagging episodes...so wierd!! Not that is was bragging about the no MS, because it kind of worried me I felt so damn good....perhaps I am on the verge of some payback! :p

It hits u from time to time xx

Seity, I think sometimes we are having the same pregnancy. You always post on the same threads and echo my "haven't had ms at all" comments - well yesterday and today things seemed to have changed. Not that I have thrown up, but I am really off food and smells that were fine 48hrs ago turn me off and there has been a couple gagging episodes...so wierd!! Not that is was bragging about the no MS, because it kind of worried me I felt so damn good....perhaps I am on the verge of some payback! :p

Fun isn't it. I certainly tried to appreciate feeling good especially after hearing the heartbeat, so I felt secure in the baby being ok. But I tried not to take it for granted because you hear so many stories of late onset MS. Let's hope this is a rare occurrence for both of us.

That's one thing that happens almost right away..I can smell almost anything..drives me nuts sometimes too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"