the Abidec syringe

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by pinki, Mar 30, 2011.

1. pinki

pinki Active Member

Hi,

I've decided to give abidec to my almost 7 week old son but am finding the syringe a bit of a pain in the neck as you can't steam sterilise it. So this question is for those of you who give or have given this vitamin to your little ones. How do you sterilise the syringe? Or is it not necessary even though the baby is so young?
    It's probably a bit of a silly question:roll: but I'd love to know what other people are doing so I don't go and do something stupid:mrgreen:.

xxxx

2. carly_mummy2b

carly_mummy2b Vinnie's Mummy

Why not use milton? x

3. pinki

pinki Active Member

Thank you for your reply. I've been thinking about doing that but don't quite understand how you use it as the stuff is wet when it's ready. Not sure if it would still be sterile if I dried it off or if I left it to dry somewhere.:confused:

4. katy1310

katy1310 Mummy of 1

We had to give Sophie Abidec because of her being so premature, and we used to use miltons for the syringe - the neonatal unit always used a little cup with a lid with miltons in it to keep Sophie's dummy in, and they always said it was ok just to give it a little shake to get the worst of the wet off and it would be fine to use so we just did the same with the syringe when she came home. xx

5. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon Well-Known Member

Just shake it/use it wet after using Milton's.

6. Sarah&Ady

Sarah&Ady Weight Watchers Champ!

I had to use syringes for Jamie for a while. I just used cold water in a plastic container, added a capful of milton and after 20mins it is sterilised. Or you could boil the syringe in a saucepan x