The Anti-Stress thread. What relaxes you?

xZoeyx

Reaction score
After being nearly in tears this morning after stressing so much, I have started wondering how many others feel the same when TTC and what they do that they know always helps??

For me it's listening to music, I have always been a huge music fanatic, and it really helps me and relaxes me in ways that I don't think anything else could!

So what's your proven relaxation technique? I think it would help others too see things they can try...

I grab a good book, some lemon balm tea or warm some milk and put cinimon in it, and take a nice hot bath :) aaaah I am relaxing a little just thinking about it!!!

I work out.

Takes up some energy that i would otherwise spend being upset and cant go wrong creating a health nest.

Our honeymoon reminded me of my love for hot baths, talk about relaxing!

I've been so stressed lately I went out and bought a stress ball! Love squeezing that thing when I think too much.

And a good book helps everything :)

It's got to be reading a good book, but exercise definitely helps as well!

To relax me after a stressful day, a nice long bath reading a book or just lazying in the bath with my eyes closed listening to music.

im finding it increasingly hard to relax with the impending Ivf cycle coming up. But I try to just watch YouTube videos or read a good blog or book.

Ooooo a nice long bubble bath with candles and music, or a gentle countryside walk with my dogs...or a nap :haha:

These all sound good, baths are definitely the way forward

Wine, a good workout, a family walk, yoga!

Bath, cup of tea and a slice of cake- the gooey chocolatier kind! And either curl up with a good book or something funny on telly! This is usually a winner when AF shows! Xx

Hot bubble baths! :shower: Bath and Body Works has a stress relieving aromatherapy bubble bath that I swear by... paired with relaxing music as well.
Painting my nails & using a facial mask helps too :coffee: anything papering calms me right now...

& If all else fails a nice, long, nap. :sleep:

I've only been trying for one month and have already experienced a lot of stress because of it. I find soaking my feet in a little foot bath can be relaxing, as well as getting a massage!

I love to have what I call "cat time". My fat cat Trudy & I head to the bed and take a nap! Candles, wine, music or a nap all does it for me. Right now I'm listening to Enigma and just kind of zoning out while browsing and its so relaxing.

I find exercising or going for a walk helps, failing that a nice long soak's always good too xx

We need to keep this thread alive to give people ideas, I think DVD's are my favourite, if I had my horses still then that would be #1, as sitting alone in the field with my horse/horses was absolutely amazing...it was the most relaxing time of my life when I was with them :)

I live no where near a beach so I can't do it all the time unfortunately :( but a nice long walk along the beach really does make me feel so peaceful an relaxed! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->