The bank sent DH's new debit card to our old address and...

Pink_Sparkle

1 Angel & 23 week preemie
Reaction score
Someone used it :growlmad:

Im furious. We moved house over six months ago and actually went into our local branch on the day we moved to tell them.

Ive phoned the bank and been on to the fraud dept who said they will re-emburse the amount taken. It wasnt alot of money but that not the point - it easily could have been.

I obviously want to make a complaint, does anyone have any advice for me? Im not great at this stuff!

Many thank xXx

OMG :growlmad: Id be fuming Im suprised you didnt get bang down the door on your old house thats what I would of felt like doing!!

Do you want to make the complaint to your bank? Im sure if you phoned them and asked them they would tell you the procedure!

How shit of the bank! I hope you contacted the police as well as whoever is at that address now commited the fraud. PLUS, they committed a theft by keeping your mail after they had opened it. They should have returned it to the bank anyways.

id go round and give them what for they have broken the law

who do you bank with? Im with Barclays and something similar happened with them I was furious.

Give customer services a ring and ask where you can send a letter of complaint to. make sure you right in it that you know they legally have 28 days to respond and if they don't you'll be taking the matter to the financial ombudsmen.

The outcome of mine wasnt great, they sent me a letter saying sorry and if I still wasnt satisfied with their reponse I had X days to respond to them. Then seth was born 2 days later and it kind of just disappeared out of my mind :s

dont give up, keep writing until you get an answer.

x

Yeah I'd forget complaining to the bank, they have at least sorted the problem for you, I would just report the matter to the police.

How STUPID can the person be who used the card, surely they would know that it would be dead obvious it was them!!

Not only have they broken the law by using the card, they have also broken the law by opening mail which wasn't theres. If the bank are being useless (surprise surprise), phone your local police - they have to do something, and they'll obviously know where the culprit lives! Criminals are stupid! :dohh:

Hope it turns out ok :hug:

Thanks for the advice and replies :)

Well we went into the branch today (Lloyds TSB) and the guy we spoke to was a bit of a chocolate teapot. I explained the situation, he noted down our account number and went away for about 5 mins and came back. He said, and I quote "Well everything with your address looks fine here." At which point my jaw nearly hit the floor! Totally flabber ghasted, I managed to splutter "But you havent even asked us our address, so how do you know its fine?!?!" To which he he replies "oh...So whats your address?" I give him my address which is obviously different to what they have on their records and all he can say is "OH....thats not right." The weird thing is ..... when H spoke to the dept that deals with sending out new cards, on the phone - the guy he spoke to, was able to quote both our new address and our old one? ? ?

I asked what theyre official complaints procedure is and he says that they will submit the complaint and then someone from customer services will call us......thats right - I just need to wait for them to call. I said, surely you would want my complaint in writing, to which the teapot replied that I could do that if I wanted but they prefer to do it verbally ??? I then said me and H both work shifts, could he give me the number so I could call when im not working - NO. Apparantly theres no number for me to call them on. I find this hard to believe.

When they do call I'll be asking them why this has happened? What has been sent to our old address over the past 6 months? And what they are going to do about this?

xXx

Ha...............Funny how its good (pah) old Lloyds again! They seriously suck!!! They never do things when they say they will - a 1 month notification letter which was really a 2 months notification etc etc, over charging folk...............it goes on. I used to complain about Natwest but really they are a whole bunch better than Lloyds

Write write write. Correspondence in letter form is much better than verbal... You can keep track of it and keep records. My mum writes really good letters, it's better that way because then if it doesn't get sorted or doesn't go high enough (to someone that can actually do something about it) you can send the letter to someone DIFFERENT until something really gets sorted and your voice is heard. Repetitive conversations by telephone are knackering and it's easier for them to fob you off.

Just my two cents, that's really appalling though.

Hope u get somewhere. Banks are a law unto themselves :grr: xx

Oh no hun thats awful!!...hope you get it sorted! x

hun how did you change your address with them? have you been getting mail at your new address in the last 6 mths?

C.o.a has to be on a form with i.d you see they cant just accept it verbally, as they also require your signature so wouldn't of changed it. If you haven't been getting mail from them either then i'm guessing you would of noticed this sooner? Ask them for proof of c.o.a when it was done :)

Still it is illegal for them at old house to open your mail & obv use your card, The police are the right step & then a written complaint needs to be done to the bank. Written ones are taken more seriously than any other x

We changed our address in branch by signing a form. We were informed that the actual changing off the address doesnt happen in branch, its picked up by a courier and taken to somewhere in Glasgow where they deal with every branch in Scotland.

We use internet banking alot so we cancelled our paper statements about 2 years ago. It's weird as we were still getting mail from them.

The guy in the branch reckons our address was only partially changed. Its a bank holiday today so im still waiting for my phone call, but i will deffo put my complaint in writing as well. xXx

hunny i work for a bank (not Lloyds i must add! lol) and thats a load of ball!! All complaints must be in writing, a complaint cannot be taken as a formal complaint verbally. If they call you it will only be to try and talk you out of making a complaint! (bad targets if they get X amount of complaint in one month etc)
Once they recieve your letter (send it to their HO by recorded delivery) they have 30 days to respond by law. If you are still unsatisfied with the outcome contact the financial ombudsman who will deal with it with you.
Hope this helps and hope you get it sorted out.
Cheeky scumbags stealing your OH's mail btw!!

xx

C.o.a has to be on a form with i.d you see they cant just accept it verbally, as they also require your signature so wouldn't of changed it. I

I can change mine over the phone with Natwest. No forms needed

I'm with natwest too & they refused to do mine over phone i had to go into the branch & fill a form in *sigh* ,even abbey made me fill out a form. Banks shouldn't be allowed to change address' s without it being written down or anyone could do it.

As it is hun the bank are totally to blame & defo get your complaint in writing to them.

I'm with natwest too & they refused to do mine over phone i had to go into the branch & fill a form in *sigh* ,even abbey made me fill out a form. Banks shouldn't be allowed to change address' s without it being written down or anyone could do it.

As it is hun the bank are totally to blame & defo get your complaint in writing to them.

I wonder if its cos where I am there is only ONE Natwest, and its open 9:30-4:30 Mon - Fri. I seem to remember having a convo with a guy once asking if they will pay for me to miss 2 hours of work to go in and change my address! They do suck up here - only used to have 2 very slow people on at lunch time - which at my old job was the only time I could go up, which meant I would be standing in the queue eating my lunch - seriously. I would change banks if I didnt have a huge overdraft I have to pay back :(

I changed mine over the phone but it depends which department you ring lol. When I moved the first time, I rang my telephone banking service and they did it straight away. When I moved the second time, I rang customer service and branch and they said they couldn't do it and i have to go in branch. I rang telephone banking and they did it straight away again.

I suppose its because you have to go through security with telephone banking with the digits of your chosen password and pin (not your card pin, your chosen pin) as you would online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->