The beginning is so boring!

wavescrash

Mom to 3 girls.
Reaction score
Seriously... you wait, wait, wait to ovulate. Then wait, wait, wait for two weeks before you can really test. Then you wait, wait, wait forever for anything more to happen.

You don't really feel pregnant, just sore and icky/sick. If you're like me, your doc won't see you until you're 8 weeks along so you find out and then have another month before you even get to see a doctor to confirm/acknowledge the pregnancy.

You can't really tell anyone in the event the unthinkable happens (or like in my case... you don't want to deal with the judgment from family members for falling pregnant while in a difficult financial situation.) So you're all excited and just have to shut up about it and wait forever lol.

This isn't my first time around the block so I'm familiar with it all... it's still just as frustrating though. I want to tell everyone because I'm excited but I can't because if anything happens, I don't need everyone knowing. And it's so early so there's no "feeling pregnant". Just sore boobs, nausea, exhausted. Cranky.

Hence the reason for this post lol.

After 4 years I am still in shock nearly 2 weeks later haha.

Don't worry about the money-unless you are starving, we are in same boat-but really is there ever a great time to have a kid(unless you area millionire but then its own set of issues).

I told the people I am close to. Everyone else will figure it out soon enough(and the dense ones when I am nursing the baby)

I'm 4 weeks and feeling the same way. :) Lots of feeling crappy, and no reward for a while! I've only told my sister (who's also pregnant, due in Sept!) so I have her to talk to at least, and I'll probably tell my mom, but the rest will probably wait til 12 weeksish... seems like an eternity right now!

I know how you feel! Things are dragging on. I just turned 5 weeks, but I have known I was pregnant since week 3, so things seem really slow. However, I think back to my first two pregnancies (now my boys are 4 and 2), and think how fast the time really has flown. While it seems like everything is taking so long right now, I keep reminding myself that soon I will be seeing him or her for the first time on ultrasound. Not long later, I will be holding him or her in my arms, and all this waiting will be a distant memory!

I know how you feel! Things are dragging on. I just turned 5 weeks, but I have known I was pregnant since week 3, so things seem really slow. However, I think back to my first two pregnancies (now my boys are 4 and 2), and think how fast the time really has flown. While it seems like everything is taking so long right now, I keep reminding myself that soon I will be seeing him or her for the first time on ultrasound. Not long later, I will be holding him or her in my arms, and all this waiting will be a distant memory!

Oh I definitely agree. I remember my being in labor during my last pregnancy thinking back on how fast the pregnancy flew by, knowing I felt like it was dragging during the pregnancy.

Still doesn't stop it from dragging again and sucking while we have to wait lol.

Pregnancy is kind of a drag lol.

waiting and waiting... waiting for o, waiting to test, waiting for appointments, waiting for bump, waiting to stop being sick, waiting for the next trimester, oh snap here's the bump, then there's waiting for the baby to come so all the pain and swelling and, if you're like me and still puking at 39 weeks, can stop lol.

I see what you mean, but I feel so blessed to be pregnant! I very much look forward to the bad morning sickness, food aversions and fatigue! It will all pay off come second trimester when our bumps start to form!!

I wish I had ms lol, maybe ill lose a kilo or two durin my pregnancy I'm notorious for preg. weight gain!!

I always lose weight when I am pregnant just because I feel so sick but yetserday I went shopping and seemed to end up buying cakes and biscuits! I started so well with the fruit and veg aisle too :)

I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow... just got my BFP this past weekend! You're SO right!! We lost our first baby back in March sooo we plan on NOT telling anyone until about 10-12 weeks soooo being only about 4 weeks, we have at LEAST 6 more to go! JEESH!! It's sooo hard to keep the secret!! And yes, aside from the cramping/bloating/nausea/sore boobs...the beginning of pregnancy is quite boring. I can't WAIT for my little belly to start growing and everyone to find out about our Angel baby!! But, we have quite a long time to wait!

I see what you mean, but I feel so blessed to be pregnant! I very much look forward to the bad morning sickness, food aversions and fatigue! It will all pay off come second trimester when our bumps start to form!!

I agree with you totally....isnt the ms, being cranky, feeling crappy, feeling tired all part of pregnancy (a least for most the first trimester). The waiting is over, I am pregnant, I am sick, I hate food, I love food, I stuff my face then an hour later i am uncomfortable, my boobs hurt. Wait is over pregnancy is here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"