The best £13 I ever spent!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by KateT, Jun 3, 2011.

1. KateT

KateT Well-Known Member

Quite a pointless thread if I'm honest, but I bought an Angelsounds doppler off Amazon for £13, which arrived the day before yesterday. I used it the day I got it and found the heartbeat within about 10 minutes, and it was just amazing. Today, I found the heartbeat within 2 minutes, and I cannot believe how happy it makes me when I hear that little heartbeat!! :cloud9: Easily the best £13 Ive ever spent, the doppler is fantastic.

My baby was completely unplanned, I was on the pill and didn't want children until my 30's (I'm only 21 now), and although I am VERY unprepared, I have fallen head over heels in love with my baby, and all I wish for now is for my oh to feel the same.
    He's really struggling to cope with the pregnancy, and I bought the doppler so hopefully he would be able to bond a bit and be able to accept it more, but he so far has refused to listen to baby's hb :(
    Im just praying, hoping and wishing that he starts to feel the way I do soon, because despite our baby being an "accident", Im starting to feel that it was the best surpise I've ever had.

Anyone else loving their dopplers?!

2. hopeforamirac

hopeforamirac Well-Known Member

i bought one with my last pregnancy and loved it :)

3. shelxx

shelxx Member

Im 8 weeks is that too soon for a doppler to pick anything up? x

4. Nickki_1986

Nickki_1986 Well-Known Member

omg im defo going to buy one how exciting!!!!! shame about you OH dont worry itll jhappen its harder for them to bond to your bump im havin smae trouble but im soo glad ur happy!!! im goin to order on now!! eeeeeeeeeekkkk !

5. CouldThisBeIt

CouldThisBeIt Mum of 1 and 1 on the way

I got the same doppler and it's fantastic. I can now find the HB almost instantly most days, because I know where the baby lies.

6. KateT

KateT Well-Known Member

It's so good isn't it?! Do you often hear the heartbeat, then a few loud glooping noises aswell? I heard it quite often when I was listening to the hb today, and Im hoping it might have been the sound of baby moving around! :D

Yes!! Buy one!! I never knew how happy it would make me feel hearing the hb, so its definitely worth it! I haven't had ANY symptoms either, literally 90% of the time I forget Im pregnant because I just feel so normal, so its nice to be able to prove to myself that I'm not going insane and that there IS a baby in there!! Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. I love my oh so much, but he's really bringing me down. I know our baby was unplanned but I want to be able to enjoy it as it may only happen once, but he's really struggling with it :( Hopefully sooner rather than later he'll be happy for us xx

I'm not sure hun, I waited until I was 12 weeks before I bought mine just incase I couldn't find it and panicked! I know some ladies on here have used a doppler at 10 weeks and found the hb, but not so sure if 8 weeks is a bit too early... hopefully someone else will know more xx

7. Nickki_1986

Nickki_1986 Well-Known Member

Yes!! Buy one!! I never knew how happy it would make me feel hearing the hb, so its definitely worth it! I haven't had ANY symptoms either, literally 90% of the time I forget Im pregnant because I just feel so normal, so its nice to be able to prove to myself that I'm not going insane and that there IS a baby in there!! Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. I love my oh so much, but he's really bringing me down. I know our baby was unplanned but I want to be able to enjoy it as it may only happen once, but he's really struggling with it :( Hopefully sooner rather than later he'll be happy for us xx

just ordered one how exciting, god i can see me becoming addicted, dotn worry about your fella it just takes time, have you had a scan yet??? tht will help my fellas alot better now! cos he had seen the baby it makes it more real these thigns just take time itll be ok!!! dont worry xxx :thumbup:

8. Jennifaerie

Jennifaerie Mummy to 1, baking #2

Just wanted to add don't be too disappointed if you can't find bubba just yet. There are quite a lot of ladies who can't find the hb till further on. My SIL didn't start finding hers regularly until 14 weeks. I have the Hi Bebe doppler and whilst I can usually find the hearbeat, I sometimes can't.

9. Misstink

Misstink Well-Known Member

I really, really want one but im only 7+2 so rather than tempt fate by having one delivered, i think ill wait until im 12 weeks then buy one!! So pleased you started this thread though because in my What to expect when youre expecting book it says they are a waste of money!! No one can review them better than pregnant ladies so im going with your opinion!!
    Enjoy ladies!!
    xxxxx

10. heres_hoping

heres_hoping Angel mummy to Robert

I found the HB with my HiBebe one at exactly 11 weeks (2 days ago!) and I lay there for 35mins scared to move incase I lost it so had to wait for DH to get home LOL! Was worth the wait though, he was so happy to hear it! I even recorded it so I could eamil it to the gradnparents haha! I can see me getting addicted to it very easily...

11. CouldThisBeIt

CouldThisBeIt Mum of 1 and 1 on the way

Yes, it is baby moving! We've had some quite fun games of hide and seek some days. I'd just find the HB, hear WALLOP! Loud enough to deafen me, and then the HB would be gone. I'd find it again, and same would happen! LO seems to notice that they are being pressed on and start wriggling all over. I can't help but laugh.

12. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

congratulations :D Aside from a scan I don't think there is anything more comforting than hearing baby's heartbeat :cloud9: