The best approach to BD and TTC? :-)

taylorttc

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Just wondering what are people's personal opinions on how often to BD whilst TTC!

We tried all sorts last time and I can't even remember back to when I finally fell lucky on the 29th cycle.

We've decided to go with the 'every other day' route this time around.

So this cycle we have BD CD10 and 12 up to now, so plan on 14 and 15 (as OH is away for CD16 so we cannot) and then relax after that!

What did everyone else find works best ?

Xxx :hugs:

Our fertility doc recommended every other day from day 10 to 20, so I think you're on the right track! Are you going to do opk's or anything? There's also sperm meets egg plan.

We did smep with our first... I think we did it with our second too. I'm not really looking forward to all this calculated sex lol. Why doesn't spontaneous sex get you pregnant!! Haha.

We've done cycles where we BD when we feel like it, every second day and every single day. All have resulted in BFN.

My doctor suggested at least 3 times a week (but not 3 times on a Sunday morning!)

I've read that BDing every day in your fertile window leads to a 26% chance of pregnancy and every other day is 22%.

If your partner has a lower sperm count then every other day is the best option.

Also, I've read about the sperm meets egg method. This is where you wait until you get a positive OPK. I'd just warn you to be careful with this method. Last cycle I got a negative OPK at about 9am, positive at 12pm, negative by 3pm and ovulated at 9.30pm that day. So if you have a short surge you could miss it by waiting until you get a positive OPK.

Good luck.

We've been going for every day starting 4 days before expected ovulation until the day after ovulation

Awww thank you for all your replies.

It's crazy how much effort we put into trying to get pregnant, whilst majority of my friends have 'accidentally' fallen pregnant without even trying, they are so incredibly lucky.

How is everyone feeling ?

It's only month 1 TTC#2 for us and I have a feeling we will be here for a while !

OH has a low sperm count, I suffer mildly with PCOS and Endometriosis and Thyroid problems which also affect my fertility :dohh:

I'd give anything to be fully healthy !!!

Xxx

Our fertility doc recommended every other day from day 10 to 20, so I think you're on the right track! Are you going to do opk's or anything? There's also sperm meets egg plan.

Sounds exactly like what we are doing !!

Fingers crossed :hugs:

I went mad with OPK last time so for a few months I want to try no opk no mess nothing just see how we get on, but seems unlikely it will be easy as it took 29 cycles for DD!

Xxx

We've done cycles where we BD when we feel like it, every second day and every single day. All have resulted in BFN.

My doctor suggested at least 3 times a week (but not 3 times on a Sunday morning!)

I've read that BDing every day in your fertile window leads to a 26% chance of pregnancy and every other day is 22%.

If your partner has a lower sperm count then every other day is the best option.

Also, I've read about the sperm meets egg method. This is where you wait until you get a positive OPK. I'd just warn you to be careful with this method. Last cycle I got a negative OPK at about 9am, positive at 12pm, negative by 3pm and ovulated at 9.30pm that day. So if you have a short surge you could miss it by waiting until you get a positive OPK.

Good luck.

I don't understand the SMEP I will have to read up on it again, I feel brand new to all of this even though I done it all once before! Haha.

We are gonna stick to every other day this cycle, see how we get on, fingers crossed!!!

How long have you been trying Hun? Xxx

Thanks Taylor. Every other day is probably a wise move. We've been trying since November last year, so on to our 13th month now.

I typically have Oed on CD 11-12. We start BD CD8, and every day to 12...and then every other or third day after that.

I thought we'd have fun trying, but feels a lot more calculated than I expected!

I feel the same way sometimes. But its only for that one part of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->