The big grocery shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
I know we've touched on it a few times but I've just ordered mine. Tesco had no delivery slots left so had to go with ASDA but they worked out cheaper anyway :happydance:

What's your budget and what's on your list?

We didn't set a budget but have ordered for £40:

Filo prawns
Breaded garlic mushrooms
Mini Stonebaked Margherita Pizzas
Cheddar cheese and onion rolls
Cheese & Onion Potato Skins
Mozzarella Fingers & Cream Cheese Jalapeno Bites
Bucks Fizz
Cheese savouries
Chinese style chicken drumsticks
Christmas Pudding
Asparagus tips
Custard
Fresh cream - single
Iced Rich Fruit Cake
Profiteroles
Reduced fat Dip - houmous
Reduced fat Garlic mayonnaise
Salad tomatoes
2x Duracell Plus batteries - AA 4 pack
2x Duracell Plus batteries - C 2 pack
2x Duracell Plus batteries - D 2 pack
Jus Rol Puff pastry sheets
Lilt Zero - Sugar Free
McCain Sweet potatoes with rosemary and garlic
Pringles Extreme - cheese & chilli
Sutter Home Chardonnay (alcohol free)
Walkers Doritos - Cool Original
Walkers Doritos - Flaming Cheeseball

We already have chocolates, beer, and mince pies in, and Sam's going to Sainsburys after work next week to pick his meat (I'm using the tomatoes, asparagus & puff pastry to make my dish) and some fresh ready to roast veg. Think I'm going to get some of the Iceland 3 for £5 desserts too like choc strawberries etc. to nibble on. It's just us for xmas day & party food boxing day. Then we're out for a meal on the 27th for our anniversary and mums here 28th so think we'll buy something they want somewhere while they're here with the car then dad's here night of the 29th for snacks/party food & we're out for lunch on the 30th. We haven't even thought about NYE etc.. maybe a takeaway? Think we've done alright for not buying too much etc. Morissons is only a 5min walk so if we 'need' anything we've forgotten it's no hassle. Oh and ASDA have stopped selling crackers so got to go get them from somewhere else :growlmad:

im guna go morrisons cos ive that £25 voucher thingy :dance: good knows how im guna carry it home like :? weve got all chocs/biscuits n drinks thank god!somat less to carry x

First half of our shop is coming on Saturday, that cost £60 and the second half will be next Tuesday, but we'll be venturing into Morrisons for that (yes we are nuts!! :lol: )

Holy wowser, that's a lot of food hehehe.

Hehe Its not just Christmas food though, its normal food too (We still have to eat even though its Christmas, although I would love for us to exist on pringles and beer, it doesn't work out right :haha:)

Although I must add, Our shopping does include a lot of stuff for LO too. That might be why its so expensive

Wow! I think you've done brilliant there! £40 to me is a quick pop to the shops! Seriously, I've just come back from my local Somerfield and spent £31 on milk, bread, sandwich fillings, and a few bits. :blush:

I'm hoping to go Tesco's at stupid o'clock in the morning on the 23rd December. I should imagine it'll be around £200. I'll sort a list out over the next few days, the the night before, re-write it in order of aisle 1, aisle 2, etc, so I can just go straight up and down and out! I usually manage this every year in about an hour.

Hehe Its not just Christmas food though, its normal food too (We still have to eat even though its Christmas, although I would love for us to exist on pringles and beer, it doesn't work out right :haha:)

Although I must add, Our shopping does include a lot of stuff for LO too. That might be why its so expensive

Ooh right :haha: I did our normal food shop at the end of November but OH is paying for our xmas shop which is why ours is exclusively xmas stuff :thumbup:

All my frozen stuff and non fresh (loo roll, washing powder etc which came to £110 :shock:) is coming on Friday, but I missed all the delivery slots for next week so I am going to have to brave it :D
think I will go to Morrisons now that I have to actually go shopping, I like all thier fresh stuff!
All we will need is the usual, bread, milk and nibbles! and maybe some alcohol and some extra choccys to get me through till new year!!

I am either going on Wednesday night or really early on Xmas eve :wacko:

Just ordered my xmas shop including usual fortnightly shop from asda(coming on sunday night), ordered more than usual as my hubby is home for 2 weeks so an extra big mouth/tummy to feed :haha:

Spent £125 and then got free del and £10 off voucher :thumbup:

I still need to get my meat and fresh veg for actual dinner tho, but i'll be hitting the market for that. The above total does include toiletries, and a fair amout of alcohol and mixers (2 crates of beer, 1 crate of cider, 3 bottles of wine, 2 bottles of bucks fiz, creme liquore, and vodka)

I'm feeding my folks and 2 teenage siblings as well for dinner, and we have numerous guests popping over, over xmas who like a tipple and a nibble :winkwink:

We budgeted £150 so I shouldn't be far off!!!

P.S To myself, must get a big tin of sweeties :happydance:

I'm braving it Monday or Tuesday next week! Ordered it from Asda one year and it was a nightmare, half of the stuff didn't come, half was almost out of date (day before) thought never again lol! It's because our local Asda employs a load of spotty kids to help over Christmas period and they couldn't care less! Think our budget will be around £100!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back