The Big Sleep Question

I'm implementing a fairly strict feeding schedule--every 2.5-3 hours. By about 2 weeks the girls both fell nicely into this schedule. I refuse to cluster feed simply because I need to take care of me which means I need sleep. Plus, if I cluster fed twins, I'd be feeding around the clock. The girls sleep at night from feed to feed really well. The last couple nights they've gone 4 hours from 9 to 1 am which made me sing and dance! They are 5.5 weeks old. I'm hopeful that by 8 weeks I can get them to go 5 hours from feed to feed but we'll see. : )

Wow Vineyard just saw your twins' sizes and week you had them - what healthy little bubs they were!!

my son still wakes for feedings. I just pop a boob out and we are all set... considering we co-sleep it is no big deal for me. :)

God I thought it was just me getting ratty with the constant asking how he is sleeping and sympathetic looks when I said he slept10pm to 3/4am from about 6 weeks. That was really good going I thought. And we tried on the advice of others to feed him as late as possible to get him to 'go through' - but it seemed he had a built in clock that said it's 4am, I need to wake and eat - and that was regardless of whether his last evening feed was 9pm or 11.30pm!

We've had a real breakthrough the last 2 nights (touchwood!) - he has slept from 10pm to 6am 2 nights on the trot. I feel so human this morning - lets hope he is set to continue! I think there is no pleasing me though - he still doesn't seem like he eats that much in the day to compensate for his long night sleeps, so that is making me a little nervous.

Your LO is still so young Rebaby - fingers crossed longer night sleeps are around the corner!

Robyn 10 months and 100% breastfed, wakes 2-3 time a night.

my son didnt sleep though untill well oer 2 yrs old!!!

Thank you all for the replies :hugs:

I would of course LOVE more sleep (who wouldn't?!) but it's the constant asking about it which actually bothers me a hell of a lot more than the lack of sleep itself! :dohh: Another well-meaning friend asked me about it again last night and i nearly screamed!

At the minute Toby is still cluster feeding in the evenings and then going roughly 2-3 hourly throughout the night and that's ok- i can live with that :thumbup: It's great to hear that it does get even better for some though! :thumbup:

Theakston slept 6-8hours a night from day one and I got a real bollocking off the midwife because he was jaundiced so we had to set an alarm and wake him every 3-4hours. He stopped at 12weeks though and now only does it occasionally, he wakes 1-2times a night normally. He used to feed hourly in the day and cluster feed at night though so you pick your demons I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->