The birth of Daisy Marie :)

Tadan

Reaction score
Well as most of you know I was due to be induced on the 24th March as I was 11 days overdue. I haven't written every little thing but please note because I was induced i was monitored every morning/night and at least twice throughout the day.

So Thursday morning I make my way to the hospital by 8:30am and am soon seen to and "booked in". By 10:30 the midwife and her student come round and insert a pessary (Im not sure what ones I had.. this one was like a tampon and the string was stuck to my leg with tape, this stayed on for 24 hours). First the student midwife tried to insert it but couldnt even reach my cervix due to it being so prosterior. Then the midwife tried.. she had trouble but put it in "as best as I could".. I was then told to be as mobile as possible, go walking around the hospital, etc. (Hospital policy is partner can stay 9am-9pm).
I stayed as mobile as possible, when ever I wasn't hooked up to machines that checked for contractions and the babys heartbeat/movements. I started cramping later on that day, they were just like period cramps and movement helped them ease up a little. Also had an hour long bath which made so much difference. I had a two paracetamols and went to bed.

Friday morning I was checked by a consultant (monitor and feel of belly) they informed the MW that I could have a gel around 4pm and if that doesnt work another gel Sat morning. At 10:30 I went to the toilet and had to pull out the pessary. After that the cramping got a lil worse but still mild enough that movements and swaying my hips helped ease them.
I have another long bath around 3pm and rush out (excited to have the gel at 4pm!) but find that I cannot have the gel just yet due to staff shortages on the labour ward. Very disappointed at this time but cramps starting to get worse so walking around and keeping myself occupied helped take my mind off it.
Then around 9pm after the switch over the MW informs me that I can now have the gel. She does a little check before inserting and informs me that I'm now 1cm and cervix has come forward and thinned but still a little posterior. Partner stayed until she finished and then I saw him to the door and came back to try and sleep (perhaps it was now around 10pm).

I tried to go to sleep around 11pm but the cramps get worse and wake me up every 15 mins (well less than that but the time i huffed and puffed and walked around the bed and back and checked my phone, that was the time lol) so I go ask for paracetamol to try and sleep. Still doesnt help so I try to cope but an hour later I just don't know what to do with myself so call a MW. MW comes over and he gives me a check over (feels my belly each time i get pains to see if im contracting) he then goes to call a senior mw and they give me codine. I try to sleep again but nothing, so I get up and walk around, I'm asked if i'm okay but I still don't know what to do with myself so they run me a bath, I get in just before 3am and stay in for 2 hours. The cramps feel soo much better in water! I finally get up and when I come out of the bath I try to sleep again, couldnt lay down for 5mins so go out to the desk. I say I cannot cope! MW says "are you gonna want an epidural?" I say "no" she laughs and says "i'll ask you later!" kinda felt like I was being taken seriously. I walk around back and fo but still cant get it to ease so she offers to give me a check. When she checks she is shocked to find that I am at 5cm! So I'm told to ring my birthing partners and she informs labour ward.

Then I get up and feel sick.. run to the bathroom (midwives later comment that theyve never seen a pregnant woman run so fast lol!) didnt make it and ended up being sick all over the floor :dohh:
I then feel the need to pee.. get to the toilet and kinda push and I get a lot of blood.. worried go out and they now have me a chair and some gas and air. I refuse at first but end up using it to ease the pain even though I hated the effects of it and felt really dizzy.
The lady from labour ward finally comes with a wheelchair (i say finally, this is all within 20mins) and puts me in and wheels me off.. i start shaking uncontrollably but keep sucking on the gas and air. As I'm going through to the ward my mum and partner show up.
They take me into the room and put me up on the bed (I have to be put on my back as i have to be on monitors the whole time, due to being induced). I feel the need to push before midwives even finish getting everything together. MW examines me and says she can feel the head. Everything then is such a blur, I kept sucking that gas and air all the way through!
Then the midwife informs me to keep pushing, they think the bag of waters is about to burst out and then the head pops out too! (I believe they say a baby born in her bag of waters is very lucky).
All in all labour was recorded as 2 1/2 hours and I only had gas and air as pain relief.
ETA: Ohh and I had skin to skin while we waited for the placenta. MW said it was the longest cord she had ever seen! And the machine didnt pick up any of my contractions!! No wonder no one believed I was in labour for so long!

The midwife commented on how beautiful it was seeing the bag of waters and then the babys head just swim up into it :cry:
She was born at 8:06am on the 26th March and weighed in at 7lb 9oz. Not a bad weight considering she was 13 days late. :cloud9:

Introducing Daisy Marie:

https://img822.imageshack.us/i/19001010150172670860021.jpg/

Congratulations that was fun to read :)

So how did it look seeing the baby being born in its waters?

Lovely name :flow: and fab birthday :) congrats xxx

Congratulations that was fun to read :)

So how did it look seeing the baby being born in its waters?

The midwife burst the sac as the head came out. I'm wondering if that was better because i had the feeling of all the water coming out when her shoulders came out.

congratulations hun! sounds like a lovely birth :) xx

Congratulations! Sounds like everything went wonderfully for you. I'm so glad! Oh you reminded me- my midwife said I had the shortest cord she'd ever seen! It had to be cut really quickly because he wouldn't even reach my tummy!

Congratulations! Sounds like everything went wonderfully for you. I'm so glad! Oh you reminded me- my midwife said I had the shortest cord she'd ever seen! It had to be cut really quickly because he wouldn't even reach my tummy!

That's mad! Just wondering if your bump was low because of it? I'm thinking mine was so high and she was constantly in my ribs because maybe the cord was filling up the rest of the space lol

That's mad! Just wondering if your bump was low because of it? I'm thinking mine was so high and she was constantly in my ribs because maybe the cord was filling up the rest of the space lol

I was in still in unbearable pain with my ribs but I think it did make a difference because my bump stayed quite small. It was 37 inches at it's biggest. I know my placenta was up right at the top though. Were you told where yours was? Maybe it was quite low down. That's something you don't expect too, isn't it? Random cord length! I found it ever so hard to manoeuver around with this tiny cord. It must have been about four inches long! Honestly, I must have looked ridiculous!

I was in still in unbearable pain with my ribs but I think it did make a difference because my bump stayed quite small. It was 37 inches at it's biggest. I know my placenta was up right at the top though. Were you told where yours was? Maybe it was quite low down. That's something you don't expect too, isn't it? Random cord length! I found it ever so hard to manoeuver around with this tiny cord. It must have been about four inches long! Honestly, I must have looked ridiculous!

Ahh that's a point! I musta lost a lot of my fat because my bump was small, I dont know where she coulda fitted looking at it now :haha:
Mine was low lying until 28 weeks, then they just said anterior, didnt say where about.
It is weird, I guess you just assume that everyones is the same length? I know I didnt even think about it.

I struggled to attach a picture when I posted, and I still can't get it right now lol but there's a photo of Daisy in my avatar where she is 3 weeks old :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"